Thread: Post Study Work Visa - Employer Assisted

Default Post Study Work Visa - Employer Assisted

I have a friend whose currently got a Post Study Work Visa (Open). He recently got offered employment for a job not listed in the Immediate or Long Term Skills shortage. He has a Masters degree which is relevant to the job offer he received.

However, his Post Study Work Visa (Open) is due to expire in the middle of June 2017. He is trying to apply for a Post Study Work Visa Employer Assisted. The company is willing to help with the work visa application.

My questions are:

• Even though the job is not in the essential Long term and immediate skills shortage Lists, will the Post Study Work Visa Employer Assisted be likely be accepted given he has a Masters and a job offer relevant to the study?
    • With the expiry date of his current Post Study Work Visa (Open) of June 2017 (1.5 months remaining), will he have enough time to be accepted for the Employer Assisted post study work visa if he applies now? Is there some sort of Interim Visa that can be applied for?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petal_power View Post
    I have a friend whose currently got a Post Study Work Visa (Open). He recently got offered employment for a job not listed in the Immediate or Long Term Skills shortage. He has a Masters degree which is relevant to the job offer he received.

However, his Post Study Work Visa (Open) is due to expire in the middle of June 2017. He is trying to apply for a Post Study Work Visa Employer Assisted. The company is willing to help with the work visa application.

My questions are:

• Even though the job is not in the essential Long term and immediate skills shortage Lists, will the Post Study Work Visa Employer Assisted be likely be accepted given he has a Masters and a job offer relevant to the study?
    • With the expiry date of his current Post Study Work Visa (Open) of June 2017 (1.5 months remaining), will he have enough time to be accepted for the Employer Assisted post study work visa if he applies now? Is there some sort of Interim Visa that can be applied for?

Thanks
    From my limited experience and knowledge:

Yes he should be fine and my job isn't listed in either of those, but is considered a skilled employment that's related to my degree.

Yes but he needs to apply NOW, it takes as fast as a week for some. (my friend's took 5 days)

See the INZ fact sheet here, the Criteria tab, then the Evidence buttons at the right. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...loyer-assisted It looks as though your friend will fit the requirements, from what you have said.

Notice the bottom section - if he applies while he still holds the Open visa, he will be all right. Interim visas are issued automatically when a previous visa is about to expire.