Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Skills Work Visa Applicants, Let's hangout here!

Default Essential Skills Work Visa Applicants, Let's hangout here!

Hi everyone,

This is a shout out to all the essential skills visa applicants—especially if you've sent in your application or received your visa in the last three months to discuss and share your updates. My partner has applied for this visa and we are waiting for the result with a bated breath!

Thanks in advance!

Hello. I am just about to submit, but waiting on details to upload with the job offer. How long are you submitting for...over 24 months or something shorter?

I have submitted for upto 2 years. Sent in the application on 9th April. How about you?

I submitted my visa on the 7th of March and until now I still haven't got any clue with what's happening to my application. Sorry if this post will sound slightly like a rant but I really need to get this off my chest. All of the problems that I'm facing - threat of retraction of employment offer, loss of income, dwindling savings, inability to provide money to family - these are all due to the delay in the visa approval. Everyone who is on a visitors visa and who tried to look for a job would know how harsh and difficult it is to find an employer willing to sponsor you and now that I have found mine, I might just loose everything because of this delay.

I know - it's horrible. This is the situation when everyone sees what it is like to be in the hands of a government bureaucracy. The government doesn't have to care what happens to individual foreigners, or how those individuals feel about it. What is happening isn't the fault of the officials who are employed at INZ right now - they are all horribly overworked, trying to work the system as it stands, and can do nothing about the fact that there just are not enough of them to cope with the flood of applications coming in. The NZ government - the politicians - would have to approve the employment of extra staff in order to bring the time-lags down to what the INZ website used to estimate as normal, but that is just not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I know - it's horrible. This is the situation when everyone sees what it is like to be in the hands of a government bureaucracy. The government doesn't have to care what happens to individual foreigners, or how those individuals feel about it. What is happening isn't the fault of the officials who are employed at INZ right now - they are all horribly overworked, trying to work the system as it stands, and can do nothing about the fact that there just are not enough of them to cope with the flood of applications coming in. The NZ government - the politicians - would have to approve the employment of extra staff in order to bring the time-lags down to what the INZ website used to estimate as normal, but that is just not happening.
    True. The same thing is true in the US. We have a friend who migrated to Hawaii from Cook Islands and it was horribly slow even though he was married to a US citizen.

To the previous reply, I am applying for 24 months+. I have all my ducks in a row, but need more offer details from the employer. They haven't gone through the ESV process before, so it's been a bit slow to get all the information from them that INZ needs. I figure it's better to submit once everything is in order than to submit without something they'll likely have to come back and ask for.

All the best, Raleigh. I hope things fall in place for you. INZ has been struggling with a huge backlog since Christmas. I don't know if they are close to getting back to normal, but I really hope the processing times are back to standard soon. If any one has heard any cheerful update (from reliable sources) on a possible decrease in processing times, then please spread the joy here.

applied on 04th April , my current expire on 02 may , fingers crossed to approved before it , other wise i cant work

Hi vira, Has a CO been assigned to your application?

i dont know , havent heard form them , so may be not yet.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast