Thread: Graduate Work Experience Visa Vs Essential Skills Work Visa

Question Graduate Work Experience Visa Vs Essential Skills Work Visa

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well, I have been a silent user on this forum for more than 8 months. The recent immigration changes are quite disappointing for many of us

I am bit confused with the recent announcement which has been done regards to essentials skills visa were they have capped the duration to three years. Does the same thing applies to graduate work experience visa as well ?

I am currently holding graduate work experience visa and filed my residency under smc in the month of sep 2016 and its under process.

Could some one pls help me in clarifying this ?

Thanks in advance.

No change has yet been introduced to the Essential Skills visa regulations. What has happened is that INZ has announced some proposals, for discussion. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings No change will happen until after a further announcement has been made.

As you can see at that link, there is no mention whatever of your sort of visa. Nobody can guess from that announcement what INZ planners may have in mind for the future for any kind of visa other than what is stated there.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No change has yet been introduced to the Essential Skills visa regulations. What has happened is that INZ has announced some proposals, for discussion. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings No change will happen until after a further announcement has been made.

As you can see at that link, there is no mention whatever of your sort of visa. Nobody can guess from that announcement what INZ planners may have in mind for the future for any kind of visa other than what is stated there.
    Thank you JandM you are a rock star 😀