Thread: SMC - EOI selected from the pool faster with more points?

Default SMC - EOI selected from the pool faster with more points?

Hello,

My partner and I just summited our EOI yesterday with a total of 165 points

We are wondering at the moment if applicants with higher points get selected before others (considering that the minimum of 160 points is filled).
    By example, if one applicant has 160 points and an other has 180 points, will the second one be picked from the pool faster if the two applicants send their EOI at the same time?

At the moment we have 165 points in our application but we might be able to get a few more points by getting my qualification assessed (my qualification is not on the exemption list). We would prefer not to send my qualification to NZQA as it is quite an expensive process.. this is why we are wondering if it is worth spending the money to get a few more points in our application (and maybe get selected faster) or not.

Just for information my qualification is a 3 years bachelor degree B.A.V. in Graphic Design. I went to university in Canada.

Hope someone can help us with this decision!
    Cheers
    Catherine & Rory

my understanding once you hit the minimum requirement points=> 160, your application will be auto select by the system. I don't think there is the difference of selection of someone with 160 vs 200 points . Let's wait for Janm to confirm

My personal case, I include my partner qualification to get additional 20 points , in case some of the points not being recognized by CO being deducted.

This to ensure after being deducted we still hit the minimum threshold , else will be kicked back to EOI pool. Drawback more points means more evidence need to be provided for validation.

So is up to personal choice/preference

my understanding once you hit the minimum requirement points=> 160, your application will be auto select by the system. I don't think there is the difference of selection of someone with 160 vs 200 points.
    This is correct. At the fortnightly selection after an EOI is lodged with 160 or more points, it WILL be selected, whatever the number.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply JandM and Moonrider.