Thread: Filling of complaint via Ombudsman

Default Filling of complaint via Ombudsman

Hi guys,

I read that the delay in the processing of applications by INZ is a ground for filling of a complaint to the office of the ombudsman. Has anyone tried this before? I certainly don't want to do it but if I loose my job offer because of this delay this is the only avenue I see that has any value. Anyone?

Yeah please even I would want to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    Hi guys,

I read that the delay in the processing of applications by INZ is a ground for filling of a complaint to the office of the ombudsman. Has anyone tried this before? I certainly don't want to do it but if I loose my job offer because of this delay this is the only avenue I see that has any value. Anyone?
    Have you had any contact with your CO first? Maybe you could ask them directly what's holding up your application? Perhaps also let them know that you might lose out on the job offer? I'm not sure how long a complaint would take or how it would affect the processing time for your application.

I was not given her contact number. I got her email address and sent her an email fully disclosing my predicament. The only response I got is that she will get back to me this week. Today is friday, the immigration office is only until 2pm. I havent received a call or email from her. Even my boss had sent her an email which she did not reply to. That was last Monday. Courtesy and professionalism per se, at the very least if you sent an email you would at least receive a reply. I have an ultimatum to get my visa until 30 April otherwise the position will be rescinded. I spent 5 months looking for a job and this is the only break I got. I don't have the resources or time to look for another one. Is it unreasonable if I would make a formal complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    Hi guys,

your first move is to follow the process outlined here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...aint-about-inz

Thank you ChrisMwn. I have applied using the online platform. I don't know which branch my application have gone to. Knowing the branch it went to is the first step I think. Is there a way for me to know this (aside from calling the helpline, which would make it obvious to them that I am considering of filling a complaint)?

From that link ChrisMwn sent.
    If you are unsure of the office who handled the matter, you can enter your details into the Office and Fees Finder on the Contact Us page.

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate it.

Good luck!