Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Changes (continued)

Default Immigration Changes (continued)

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a query.

Will work visas be offered to partners of students?

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndMoon View Post
    Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a query.

Will work visas be offered to partners of students?
    There have been NO announcements from INZ about any changes to their circumstances. There is a whole lot of guesswork around because of a recent announcement about forthcoming changes to the SMC requirements, but NOBODY yet knows anything, apart from the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There have been NO announcements from INZ about any changes to their circumstances. There is a whole lot of guesswork around because of a recent announcement about forthcoming changes to the SMC requirements, but NOBODY yet knows anything, apart from the announcement.
    Thank you for clarifying. Really appreciate it

While we are talking about this mushy mess, here's an opinion that I think is spot on - http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...ot-skills.html
    That's very interesting - a strong argument.

It's important to remember, while waiting through the processing of any application, with all the delay and disruption that is happening at the moment, that the changes and difficulties are because of GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL, decisions. INZ has not made the changes, but is just the government office which has to carry out the processing according to the rules they are being given. Your wait is not the fault of your CO and the other officials.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That's very interesting - a strong argument.

It's important to remember, while waiting through the processing of any application, with all the delay and disruption that is happening at the moment, that the changes and difficulties are because of GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL, decisions. INZ has not made the changes, but is just the government office which has to carry out the processing according to the rules they are being given. Your wait is not the fault of your CO and the other officials.
    Don't shoot the messenger, right! I'm amazed at the politeness of INZ agents given how many calls they must be fielding these days. Phone companies should take notes!

Hi everyone, It will be great if any if you could suggest some credible sources to read more about the upcoming SMC changes. I hear that the point allocation system is changing, so will the total cut off still be 160? Any reliable pice of information on when those changes are coming in and how they will play out will be really helpful. I have already read the posts on the INZ website, but is there some other official government channel for press releases that I am missing out?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    Hi everyone, It will be great if any if you could suggest some credible sources to read more about the upcoming SMC changes. I hear that the point allocation system is changing, so will the total cut off still be 160? Any reliable pice of information on when those changes are coming in and how they will play out will be really helpful. I have already read the posts on the INZ website, but is there some other official government channel for press releases that I am missing out?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hello Param, You must get authoritative news from https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...media-releases

For latest news, nzherald, radion nz, this forum can be handy.
    cheers

hello everyone, i am a residence class visa holder and i am planning to sponsor my wife for partnership based work visa . has there been any changes to residents supporting their partners visa ? i am confused with all these changes. any answer is appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    hello everyone, i am a residence class visa holder and i am planning to sponsor my wife for partnership based work visa . has there been any changes to residents supporting their partners visa ? i am confused with all these changes. any answer is appreciated. Thank you
    No mention of any changes to partners of any kind of visa holders EXCEPT Essential Skills. So your wife will be fine as long as you guys meet the other requirements.

Source - Called up INZ to ask about this exact same issue since my wife is on a work visa which will (probably) have to be renewed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tanmay90 View Post
    No mention of any changes to partners of any kind of visa holders EXCEPT Essential Skills. So your wife will be fine as long as you guys meet the other requirements.

Source - Called up INZ to ask about this exact same issue since my wife is on a work visa which will (probably) have to be renewed next year.
    Thank you Tanmay90. I hope we dont have any changes to at least residence class visa holder supporting their partner for work and then residence visa via partnership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast