Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership based working visa - way of submitting

Default Partnership based working visa - way of submitting

Hi,

Thanks for all answers in my previous thread. I have one another question. I submitted my Essentials Skills Visa Application online on April 11th and currently I am waiting. But I have a family still in Poland which is going to join me. What will be the best and the fastest way for them to apply for a visa? They are going to arrive in New Zealand in the middle of May. Could you give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...k-visa-holders for your wife.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...d-student-visa for school-age children.

You can apply for these visas without waiting for your visa to be granted, with a covering letter explaining that they relate to your application (give all your details and when you applied). INZ will treat it all as one case, supplying information that you won't know at the beginning, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

However, be careful. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...451#post558451

It may be better to process their visa applications outside New Zealand as the time for partnership in NZ is too long! 6-8 months onshore as reported in other threads.

So as I have understood, my family can arrive in NZ in the middle of the May, on a visitor visa and apply for a Working Visa based on partnership. Because of the long time waiting for this type of visa the will probably stay on Interim Visa? Is that way of thinking correct? If yes - the last question is the time of applying - should they wait for my working visa or submit application with cover letter connecting their application with mine. What do you think?
    Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes, you can do as you have suggested.

You can submit their applications linked to your application, without waiting for your visa to come through. If you send an explanatory letter, then INZ can supply the information you don't have in the first place as it becomes available.

Remember, you are going to need to supply good evidence of partnership, and also of how you are keeping in touch and maintaining the partnership while you are away from them. (If you haven't thought much about this before, do a Search for partnership proof, and you will find old threads giving examples and discussion.)

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I have very bad news (for me). My working visa is proceeding but my family who was coming to me was refused enter the flight from Hong Kong to Auckland Despite of tickets, enough money in cash and credit cards and other necessary things. I was shocked but as a family we have to manage this situation. That's why I have two very important questions.

1. If my wife is able to apply for a working visa based partnership from Poland (via London immigration office) with cover letter explaining that my application is being processed currently in Wellington?

2. If this situation in Hong Kong can be a serious problem in proceeding a visa for my wife? This is the key question. Our New Zealand life will have the sense only together that's why I would know if it can be a problem in getting visa?

Additional question - does someone know what is the current time of waiting for a visa via London immigration office?

I will be very grateful for any help. Today's situation crushed us more than anything in our past.

Thank you in advance.

1. Yes.

2. What exactly was the situation in Hong Kong? On what grounds were they not allowed to board the flight?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. Yes.

2. What exactly was the situation in Hong Kong? On what grounds were they not allowed to board the flight?
    Hi,

First of all thank you for a very quick reply. The main reason was that me, as a husband is processing working visa currently and the process hasn't finished yet. The Immigration Officer had a suspicious that she would join me and would apply for a visa, being in NZ. What the f...k? My whole family had the tickets to Australia because we were planning to visit Melbourne (in case if I don't get a working visa or if I do - In both cases). The situation was scandalous in my oppinion. Well speking woman with two young boys had to stay whole night for a flight back to Poland. They are still in Hong Kong and they are exhausted. If this is the way of treating people in NZ, I am not sure that I want to live in that country !!!

What should I do? Visit an immigration lawyer? I have asked about possible consequences because I want to know as soon as possible If it can be an influence for proceeding her visa. If it can, I want to go back home and join my family. Waiting for my visa doesnt't make any sense for me at this moment.

Two days ago I got an answer from immigration centre that my application has been assigned to CO in Wellington. I think the best idea will be contact with her and explain whole situation? Maybe my wife could apply via the same officer in Wellington? Honestly I don't know what I have to do. For me is was f....g scandalous.

Sorry for my emotions.

What should I do???

No, it wasn't scandalous. It is NZ immigration protecting their country. It is entirely normal procedure.

In post #2 above, I said, 'Be careful,' and gave you the link to this from another thread. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...451#post558451
    You may very likely have difficulty upon arrival if you travel before your work visa has come through. Immigration at the airport will see as soon as they scan your passport that you have applied for a work visa but that it has not yet been approved. This can be interpreted as trying to get round the system. If you enter as a visitor (including visa waiver), you are accepted into NZ as being someone who will stay for a finite amount of time and then leave to go back to a home, life and job elsewhere. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide A visitor's visa (including visa waiver) is not just a catch-all for a person who doesn't happen to have any other sort of visa. You are stating that you will leave after a temporary stay. But by your work visa application, you have already stated that you DON'T intend to leave.
    When you were talking about your plans above, I had assumed that your wife and children would have applied in advance for visitors' visas - if INZ found any problem with that, these would just be refused through the post or by email. Unfortunately, as they have gone with the visa waiver option, it is at the airport that the refusal has become clear. The difficulty is just what I described - that since you have the work visa application in, obviously your family are NOT just visitors.

Thanks for the answer.

Now I understand. I understand protecting the country as well. But now what option do I have? Should my family apply for a visa via London and ask for connect their application with mine? What should we give as a reason in cover letter? What do you think about this situation? Can this incident influence on their application? What do you think? In what way should we explain this situation?

The best thing is that the advice for my family to arrive and apply being in NZ I was given by one of the official immigration advisor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast