Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to receive AIP letter after online approve?

Lightbulb How long does it take to receive AIP letter after online approve?

Hi everyone,

My status changed to APPROVED on 06Apr. And I have not got any emails/AIP from my CO or INZ.

I called INZ contact centre on 20Apr and they replied that my case is still under process by my CO.

My work visa will expire on June 2017. Should i apply for a new work visa or continue to wait response from INZ?

I emailed my CO about my situation and got no reply.

Anyone got similar problems?

It is normal for there to be several weeks between the change of online status and receiving the AIP letter or email, so there is nothing to worry about with the amount of time that has passed in your case.

It is also normal for the computer records which INZ telephone answerers can access not to be updated with any urgency, so their replies are often completely out of phase with real circumstances.

I'm sure you will have your confirmation long before your work visa runs out, but even if you didn't, lodging an application for another work visa with even only days to go before expiry would entitle you to an interim visa to keep you legal, so there is no rush at all.

Quote Originally Posted by men View Post
    Hi everyone,

My status changed to APPROVED on 06Apr. And I have not got any emails/AIP from my CO or INZ.

I called INZ contact centre on 20Apr and they replied that my case is still under process by my CO.

My work visa will expire on June 2017. Should i apply for a new work visa or continue to wait response from INZ?

Yes men, some of my friends also had same problem. They didn't get AIP, but their LIA sent passports to immigration with cover letter and print out of online approval. They got their passports with blue resident visa labels within 7-8 days.
    You can also try the same, but discuss with your LIA what he says. Hope it may work in your case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    Yes men, some of my friends also had same problem. They didn't get AIP, but their LIA sent passports to immigration with cover letter and print out of online approval. They got their passports with blue resident visa labels within 7-8 days.
    You can also try the same, but discuss with your LIA what he says. Hope it may work in your case as well.
    Thanks Kumars for your advise. I did not hire lawyer or consultant for my application.

I will call INZ whether I can manage in this way

Hi everyone,

Hi! Please remember, here in New Zealand we had several public holidays in the last 3 weeks...
    14/04/17 - Good Friday
    17/04/17 - Monday Easter
    25/04/17 - ANZAC Day

It should be arriving soon

Thanks Kumars for your advise. I did not hire lawyer or consultant for my application.

I will call INZ whether I can manage in this way
    Hi men, if you don't have any LIA or Lawyer, it's your discretion. Anyways, we have to send our passports for visa labels to immigration. I think, immigration send us our passports and documents back after submission of ITA because they feel that we may need it as resident application process is time consuming. So, if we send our passport by making cover letter with copy of online approval status, I think there is no harm. Some people tried and it worked. But it's up to you, you may wait up to receiving AIP letter. Hoping the best for you .....

Quote Originally Posted by YessicaCBO View Post
    Hi! Please remember, here in New Zealand we had several public holidays in the last 3 weeks...
    14/04/17 - Good Friday
    17/04/17 - Monday Easter
    25/04/17 - ANZAC Day

It should be arriving soon
    Yeah, I understand.

I am anxious because My work visa will expire on June and I am going to have an overseas trip on May.

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    Hi men, if you don't have any LIA or Lawyer, it's your discretion. Anyways, we have to send our passports for visa labels to immigration. I think, immigration send us our passports and documents back after submission of ITA because they feel that we may need it as resident application process is time consuming. So, if we send our passport by making cover letter with copy of online approval status, I think there is no harm. Some people tried and it worked. But it's up to you, you may wait up to receiving AIP letter. Hoping the best for you .....
    I will give it a try next week as I have an overseas trip next month. I will update the outcome

Hi,
    Just share my timeline, as I was approved online exactly 1 year before you :P
    My online status was changed to APPROVED on 6th April 2016
    The letter was sent on 26th April 2016
    And the resident visa label was issued on 16th May 2016.
    So it could take up to 40 days for the finalisation. Don't worry, once it's approved online it has passed the second person check. The delay is probably because of public holiday and school holidays. Many immigration officers are female and they are likely to take some days off to take care of the kids around this time.
    All the best
    PS: I also had an overseas trip after the resident visa approval across South East Asia
    Last edited by l00k; 28th April 2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    Hi,
    Just share my timeline, as I was approved online exactly 1 year before you :P
    My online status was changed to APPROVED on 6th April 2016
    The letter was sent on 26th April 2016
    And the resident visa label was issued on 16th May 2016.
    So it could take up to 40 days for the finalisation. Don't worry, once it's approved online it has passed the second person check. The delay is probably because of public holiday and school holidays. Many immigration officers are female and they are likely to take some days off to take care of the kids around this time.
    All the best
    PS: I also had an overseas trip after the resident visa approval across South East Asia
    Thanks for sharing your experience l00k
    A lot of things came up at same time. I have to apply for the European visitor visa. They issue the tourist visa based on my NZ visa. The thing is My work visa will expire on June. In this case, they cannot process my visitor application. My trip is due on 20May. Finger crossed I can get acknowledgement letter next month. It has been nearly four weeks since online approval now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast