Thread: Question About Work and Visitor Visas and Entering NZ

Default Question About Work and Visitor Visas and Entering NZ

I think I may have confused myself reading the various forum posts, and would love some help making sure I don't screw anything up. Here's my situation:
    1. Applying for Essential Skills Visa from outside NZ, with a Skill Level 1 job offer
    2. I have a family of 5 and plan to complete SMC Residence Application via EOI as soon as I receive positive news on ESV

My question is how do I ensure that my family can come with me once the ESV comes through? I was reading that on other posts that if we've applied for SMC RV outside of NZ and then want to enter with my family on visitor visas (visa waiver country), that might be a flag. Do I need to submit partnership and domestic student visa apps at the same time as the ESV? It seems those have to be on paper, while ESV is electronic, right. Or, should we just wait on applying for SMC RV until we're all in NZ? Definitely don't want to do anything that raises a flag, and I also don't want my family to have to stay outside of NZ while I start new job. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you,
    J

Do I need to submit partnership and domestic student visa apps at the same time as the ESV?
    You can indeed do that, and yes, those are paper applications, linking everything with a covering letter, and that will take care of the problems they would have otherwise, getting flagged on attempting to enter as visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can indeed do that, and yes, those are paper applications, linking everything with a covering letter, and that will take care of the problems they would have otherwise, getting flagged on attempting to enter as visitors.
    If I've already submitted my ESV, I just reference it on the paper partner and domestic student visas applications? That will likely slow down my ESV approval, won't it?

Yes, that's what you do, and I don't think it slows things up, from what has happened with other forum members. (Make sure you give solid proof of partnership (see old threads for discussion and examples https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), and your children's parentage, because that is ALL that is required to make their visas depend on yours. If it's clear and obvious, they're in.)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, that's what you do, and I don't think it slows things up, from what has happened with other forum members. (Make sure you give solid proof of partnership (see old threads for discussion and examples https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof), and your children's parentage, because that is ALL that is required to make their visas depend on yours. If it's clear and obvious, they're in.)
    Thanks for the response! Very helpful.