Thread: Verification of qualification from awarding institution direct to NZQA as a requirement?

Default Verification of qualification from awarding institution direct to NZQA as a requirement?

Hi all,

I had submitted my bachelor of commerce degree convocation certificate towards my IQA. However, the originals were misplaced and Mumbai university issue a copy which mentions the word duplicate on the certificate.

Now NZQA is asking:

a) A colour certified copy of your original award certificate.
    b) Verification of qualification from awarding institution direct to NZQA.

I can explain to them about requirement as per point a, however, considering the way Mumbai University functions I am not sure how they would verify my degree?

Does anyone have experience answering for the point b

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Famed

Bump...

What if I offer to send the same certificate (original copy issued by University of Mumbai but says duplicate on the certificate) via post to NZQA? I am not sure how NZQA would respond to me and I am afraid they may close my case as unverifiable.

Can that be considered since I am unable to find anyone in Mumbai University who would agree to fill the form issued by NZQA? An actual visit to University of Mumbai isn't viable for me at this stage.
    Last edited by Famed; 6th June 2017 at 04:11 PM.

Hi there,

I am from India and absolutely understand what you're going through. The officials in public universities are just hopeless. I was asked to get my degree verified and it was almost a nightmare getting the job done. What you can do is call up a professor in case you are in touch with someone, or any one who remembers you and would help you with this.

Also, you can ask NZQA people if they are willing to accept education verification by post. All public universities have that kind of service available for a fee. What they essentially do is give a certified photocopy of your marksheet in a sealed envelope and you can courier it to any university/organisation. Tell NZQA that this is the only type of verification your university offers and see what they say to this.

Indian universities' administrations are in such a sorry state that it makes you weep your heart out to even think of dealing with them!

See this: http://mu.ac.in/portal/student-section/convocation/

You'll need a friend or a family member to go to the university to get this done. Do not forget to send along an authorisation letter, otherwise those lazy officials will find another excuse to turn down the request. I have been through the whole grind, so I am just cautioning you about the possible pitfalls.

Hi Param,

Could you please check my personal message and also have posted another thread:

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53729

Thanks!