Thread: Query regarding Partner English Language Exam for Immigration

Default Query regarding Partner English Language Exam for Immigration

Hi Everyone & Thanks in Advance.

I have one query regarding IELTS / English Language Exam for Partner for Immigration.

Being a Principal Applicant (I Sohail Akhtar) holding Master Degree which is Level-9 equivalent to New Zealand education, I also appear for IETLS exam this March and score overall 6.5 (Listening:6.5, Reading:6.0, Writing:6.0, Speaking:7.0).

My question is that if I am claiming points against my partner education (she has Level-7), so does she needs to have IETLS exam or not? if she needs one and she say cannot appear for IETLS so what will be the other way to proceed with the application (means can I submit EOI and she will purchase classes or?) any other way.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Hi Sohail,
    As per my personal learning, if you are using your partner points, your partner must also have to give English exam (same as principal applicant).
    Please refer: http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30542.htm to get more details.

Regards

You cannot claim any points for your partner's education unless you prove her English ability to the same standard as a main applicant. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30542.htm
    As you will see here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm, IELTS is now not the only recognized test. Perhaps she can provide one of the other proofs.

If you do not need the points for your partner's qualifications, then in that case you can include her in your application and pre-purchase ESOL. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30541.htm

Thanks for your fedback.

I need to claim points for my partner in order to have 160 points but she can not appear for IELTS exam neither her medium of education was English. In such case can I apply and purchase the ESOL for her or not?

What I went through in the EOI Guide,

"Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide"

PLEASE NOTE: Unless you are claiming points for your partner's recognised qualification, skilled
    employment or offer of skilled employment, partners must pre-purchase English for Speakers of
    Other Languages (ESOL) tuition if they do not meet the minimum standard of English. They will need
    to attend English language classes once they get to New Zealand.

You CANNOT get her points unless she proves her English in the approved manner. See the links I gave in the post above.

If she does not sit the IELTS exam or one of the others, you CANNOT claim her points. The minimum standard, or purchasing ESOL, does not apply for a partner if their points are needed.

The quote you have given itself says this. "Unless you are claiming points for your partner's recognised qualification, skilled employment or offer of skilled employment..." So that part shows that pre-purchasing ESOL does not apply for someone whose points are to be used.

You say your partner 'cannot appear for IELTS exam'.

What follows from this is that you cannot claim any points for her qualification.

You say you need to claim points for her qualification to reach the 160. You cannot claim any points without proof of English from her.

If there is no way that she can or will sit the IELTS exam or any other proof of English, you cannot apply, unless you find some other way of raising your points total.

Thanks for your detail feedback.

This is very clear now. Thanks again