Thread: I got fired from the company whose name is on my pending LTSSL Visa

Default I got fired from the company whose name is on my pending LTSSL Visa

I've currently got a working holiday visa, so I was hired at the company immediately. I applied for a Work to Residence visa at the same time, but have since been fired.
    Now, the Work to Residence visa is still pending so I have no one to contact at the time being.
    There are a lot of job opportunities in Auckland. If I get a job offer from someone down there, would I be able to update my pending visa details?
    Or what should I do?

I think you need to contact INZ, and tell them you want to withdraw your application. After you find another job, apply for the work visa again.

How long does your WHV run for? Are you still legal in NZ for a time while you are looking for work?

I agree you need to contact INZ. You have to be sponsored specifically by a named employer, so if you don't have another one in view right now, you wouldn't be able to change the current application.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    How long does your WHV run for? Are you still legal in NZ for a time while you are looking for work?

I agree you need to contact INZ. You have to be sponsored specifically by a named employer, so if you don't have another one in view right now, you wouldn't be able to change the current application.
    MY WHV is valid for 6. February 2018, so I can still take up whatever work I can in the mean-time.
    If I happen to get a new job offer soon, would I be able to update the details on the submitted application?

I'm just gonna be really sad if I have to pay for a new application when all that is needed is to update the employer details.
    Last edited by Seabottom; 29th April 2017 at 08:58 PM.

I don't know what INZ will say, but if you ask them, you'll find out if you can alter the details on this present application.

I sent them an email using the form on their website yesterday, and just today I got an email from them, saying that I got a new document on my visa application.
    Apparently, I'm approved and good to go until 1. November 2019. That's good news, but I'm still without a job, so I hope to hear back from them soonish about that.

Good luck.