Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work visa

Default Work visa

Hi all I'm applying for a work visa in my own right (currently have a partnership based work visa but are splitting/split up) My new job is an assistant herd manager on a dairy farm.

The things I've got so far is

Letter of job offer
    Contract
    Employer supplementary form
    Police certificate
    Letter explaining my DIC charge last August
    Character references from friends in the UK
    Character reference from a friend here in NZ (haven't made many friends until the last 6 months)
    Letter from current (soon to be old employer)

I have 4 years experience in farming in NZ. 2006-2008 then 2015 to current. To prove this I have printed out info from IRD as my old boss from last season will not provide a letter stating I worked there due to conflict when I left and the other places were almost 10 years ago and have no idea how to contact them or even if they still farm there. This will also be explained in a letter.

Is there anything else I should provide to help my application. I'm most worried about the DIC but this is the first time I've been in trouble with the police.

Prior to this application I have had 2 visas accepted

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydairyfarme View Post
    Hi all I'm applying for a work visa in my own right (currently have a partnership based work visa but are splitting/split up) My new job is an assistant herd manager on a dairy farm.

The things I've got so far is

Letter of job offer
    Contract
    Employer supplementary form
    Police certificate
    Letter explaining my DIC charge last August
    Character references from friends in the UK
    Character reference from a friend here in NZ (haven't made many friends until the last 6 months)
    Letter from current (soon to be old employer)

I have 4 years experience in farming in NZ. 2006-2008 then 2015 to current. To prove this I have printed out info from IRD as my old boss from last season will not provide a letter stating I worked there due to conflict when I left and the other places were almost 10 years ago and have no idea how to contact them or even if they still farm there. This will also be explained in a letter.

Is there anything else I should provide to help my application. I'm most worried about the DIC but this is the first time I've been in trouble with the police.

Prior to this application I have had 2 visas accepted

Thanks for reading
    Assistant herd manager doesnt come on any immigration list like it use to be on ISSL and you could apply without advertisment but now your employer have to get a skill match report from work and income and also for safe side do a advertisment to check any kiwis available to do the job rest according to me you got eveeything else hope this helps i just help two of my workers in dairy farm

Imu112, my new employer had posted on farm source and also at WINZ so has the skill report. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone who applied for the job that had the necessary skills. So I also have proof of their advertisement for the position. It's unfortunate that they've taken this off the list as there is such a demand for workers but not enough kiwis to cover the positions especially down here in Southland

Imu112, my new employer had posted on farm source and also at WINZ so has the skill report. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone who applied for the job that had the necessary skills. So I also have proof of their advertisement for the position. It's unfortunate that they've taken this off the list as there is such a demand for workers but not enough kiwis to cover the positions especially down here in Southland
    Well then you good to apply...try to send it 2 months before as they taking alot of time...it will be back after election if not try to work your way up as assistant farm manager and farm manager both in ISSl and you will have pathway to rezidency

I've got the experience for assistant farm manager as I've grown up in dairy farming just no formal qualifications to back it up which is quite frustrating but my new employer is going to put me through ITO straight away

I've got the experience for assistant farm manager as I've grown up in dairy farming just no formal qualifications to back it up which is quite frustrating but my new employer is going to put me through ITO straight away
    Best of luck for your work visa and dairy farming future in NZ

I have another question. I understand that my employers have to prove that there are no NZers for the position (only 1 NZer applied) the rest were forginers. Do my employers have to prove I was better than the others that applied or just the NZer?

I have another question. I understand that my employers have to prove that there are no NZers for the position (only 1 NZer applied) the rest were forginers. Do my employers have to prove I was better than the others that applied or just the NZer?
    I have in two of my workers case ....as long as Work and Income report says they didnt find any suitable kiwi...your own farmsource advert just put copy of it...and remember to use new version of employer supplymentary form as on INZ website it is still old version and they dont accept it

Quote Originally Posted by Imu112 View Post
    I have in two of my workers case ....as long as Work and Income report says they didnt find any suitable kiwi...your own farmsource advert just put copy of it...and remember to use new version of employer supplymentary form as on INZ website it is still old version and they dont accept it
    So my new employer has to ONLY prove that the KIWI that applied wasn't suitable and NOT the other foreign workers who applied

So my new employer has to ONLY prove that the KIWI that applied wasn't suitable and NOT the other foreign workers who applied
    You may find that the supplementary form uses the phrase, 'NZ residents and citizens', which would widen the pool of people that have priority over you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast