Thread: Section D: Principal Applicant's English Language Ability

Default Section D: Principal Applicant's English Language Ability

Dear Expert,

Need your advice on the mentioned topic in EOI. I was told that English Language Ability is not a mandatory for Malaysian. Is it true. i did not submit my EOI due to that. Can anyone confirm on that please.

Your kind advice will be highly appreciated.

p/s at the same i cannot calculate my point based on the requirement. Do i need to click on the tab so that it will calculate. Please guide.

Thanks

Tharmen

You say, 'I was told...' Please be aware that you need to check facts always with the INZ website, or their forms and guides.

See this page. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm These are the ONLY proofs accepted for knowledge of English, apart from the test results they give there.
    Other evidence that a principal applicant meets the minimum standard of English is:

citizenship of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, provided the applicant has spent at least five years in work or education in one or more of those countries or Australia or New Zealand; or
    a recognised qualification (SM14) comparable to a New Zealand level 7 bachelor’s degree and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least two academic years in one or more of those countries; or
    a recognised qualification (SM14) comparable to a New Zealand qualification at level 8 or above and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least one academic year in one or more of those countries.
    Your Malaysian nationality cannot be used as evidence.

There are no points available for having a minimum standard of English. Being able to communicate and work in English is regarded as a basic, gateway requirement for being able to settle and work in New Zealand, so that without showing proof of English, nobody's application will be considered, even if their qualifications and work experience are of a very high level.

This page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa from the INZ website is probably the easiest summary to understand of all the requirements for Residence under SMC. Click on the Criteria tab near the bottom of the page, then SHOW ALL EVIDENCE on the right, a little lower down, and you will see all the necessary requirements.

Thank you so much for your clarification. Very much appreciated.

Cheers

Tharmen