Thread: Points for partner under SMC, what evidence do we need?

Question Points for partner under SMC, what evidence do we need?

Hi there, my partner is going to apply for residency under Skilled Migrant Category and we are currently counting his EOI points and trying to prepare everything. There are questions about partner's english, qualification, job offer as skilled occupation and NZ experience.

Our situation-I am a New Zealand resident, my qualification is Bachelor from Massey University (3 years full time), have 3.5 years NZ experience and currently working as Sales and Marketing coordinator (it's been 1 year and 7 months). Seems like he can claim all points for it, question- what do we need to prove everything from above?

Thank you!

Joint bank account
    Tenancy agreement
    Joint assets
    Photos
    Letters from others

There's a list somewhere online that you can read

Thanks for that. That's simple, I know

But I am talking about proof of evidence for the points he will claim from me as a partner.

As I understand, for example, we need to show my contract and job description to prove that my job tittle is in skilled list. What if my job description won't exactly match requirements of INZ? Do we need to check it first
    and maybe to change something from my side as well before he will apply?

Your partner is not going to be able to claim any points for your qualifications and experience, because you are NOT part of his application, already holding your own visa. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/42640.htm
    A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for points under this provision if:

the partner is included in the application...
    A thought - are you not able to sponsor your partner for residence under the family stream? There is far less evidence to be supplied for that visa than for an application under SMC.

Unfortunately, I need to wait for 5 years after I've got my residency in order to sponsor someone else and it's only been 2...Well, anyway, we will go to lawyer in a couple of hours to see what other ways we have. He still should have enough points even without this partner's bonus points
    Thanks for your answers!