Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership Residence Visa.

Many thanks for all the info JandM

Good luck!

Good morning Thomas,I require an interview with Chs and yourself.This interview is regarding your relationship and may take up to two hours per person.
    this is the email i have received today from the verification officer, and honeslty i am freaking out since i have read read around that people with genuine relationship can get refused and big age difference isn t well seen.
    what do i have to aspect ? i tried to find the asked questions list here on the forum and online ( for new zealand) but nothing. ( here on the forum all the links are dead and most post are for interviews out of new zealand or phone) can someone direct to a proper list of questions . what s the interview like? do they ask "crazy" things?
    i think i m not gonna sleep well till the day..... help!!!!
    Last edited by thomasmost; 22nd July 2017 at 12:26 AM.

another thing weird i d like to understand: the officer didn t ask me to bring anything . phones or documents...... or anything else. is it a good or bad sign?

They ask couples what they know about one another. The basis they work from is that when two people are really a couple, they will have talked about all sorts of things, such as their family background and their likes and dislikes. So one might get asked, 'What is your partner's favourite meal?' or, 'What is your partner's father called?'

They may well ask about how you met, and how your relationship developed.

They also ask questions about how you organize your life. 'Where does s/he put her/his keys when s/he comes home?' 'Who takes out the trash, and where do they put the bin on collection day?' 'Tell me about your most recent holiday together.'

The questions are quite straightforward for a genuine couple who really live together as a pair.

There is NO bias against mixed-age couples. INZ are not the relationship police: they are merely concerned that there is a true live-in relationship.

You haven't been asked to take anything along, because this is not something that can be measured by documents. They want your spontaneous reactions.

thank you...... 2 hours interviews each person anyway seems to me a really scaring thing for anyone attended. I will anyway post the result and impressions here. I think it would be helpful for anyone else.

deleted
    Last edited by thomasmost; 23rd July 2017 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    They ask couples what they know about one another. The basis they work from is that when two people are really a couple, they will have talked about all sorts of things, such as their family background and their likes and dislikes. So one might get asked, 'What is your partner's favourite meal?' or, 'What is your partner's father called?'

They may well ask about how you met, and how your relationship developed.

They also ask questions about how you organize your life. 'Where does s/he put her/his keys when s/he comes home?' 'Who takes out the trash, and where do they put the bin on collection day?' 'Tell me about your most recent holiday together.'

The questions are quite straightforward for a genuine couple who really live together as a pair.

There is NO bias against mixed-age couples. INZ are not the relationship police: they are merely concerned that there is a true live-in relationship.

You haven't been asked to take anything along, because this is not something that can be measured by documents. They want your spontaneous reactions.

sorry jandM ,if you know it, what kind of interview do we have to aspect? quiz like? short answers? do they try to trick you? who is generally first? do you know of many people failing generally? possible to find somewhere the list of questions? we just really worried, both shy, with not good memories ...... on a side i feel ok on the other not at all . the point i really don t know what to aspect.... cheers

There is no set list of questions, or set arrangement. It is a conversation, which the CO directs, following up each answer so s/he feels s/he has a full picture, and will be different for everybody. Many people in the past have said that the COs are friendly in manner. Of course it is never pleasant to feel that you are going to be questioned, but the situation isn't actively hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is no set list of questions, or set arrangement. It is a conversation, which the CO directs, following up each answer so s/he feels s/he has a full picture, and will be different for everybody. Many people in the past have said that the COs are friendly in manner. Of course it is never pleasant to feel that you are going to be questioned, but the situation isn't actively hostile.

I had my interview and a part from a couple of questions i have misunderstood went ok. at the question : is your relationship gonna continue if your application get refused i ve got confused because i have considered if my application get refused it means they do not believe on my relationship and since my work visa is based on my relationship it would get cancelled and i would have to leave the coutry straight away, so i have answered: would be difficult and so on. it could be really badly misunderstood from the CO. a part from that simple questions . half of the interview was based on financial questions. that s another point i hope is not gonna influence to much. my wife is the owner of the hose and she had already all the payments in auto on her accounts and she preferred to keep it like it. we have a joined bank account on which i put money weekly to contribute on expenses but a part from that not many proves of financial inter- dependence . i hope it s not gonna be a reason for decline the application. they were really suspicious about the difference of age.i was waiting for a quick decision when a letter regarding a character waiver ( the second for the same drink and drive conviction ) arrived. i have already granted last year for the work visa i m on now......
    i m wondering Jand M: is it a good sign? my thought was: if they wanted to decline the application because of my relationship is not strong enough ( for the criteria) they would not waste time and resources with this further request. is it a good sign they asked for a character waiver? cheers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast