Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership Residence Visa.

Default Partnership Residence Visa.

I have applied for my residency in November.
    From the beginning i have been told immigration is super busy at the moment and was going to take longer than usual.
    One of my workmates applied for the same visa at the end of january (he was told, immigration has in between 6 to 12 months delay)
    My workmate got is residency in about 2 months and i m still waiting...
    my workmate is from uk and he used an adviser. Immigration told me does not make any difference........
    I was just wondering: what immigration actually does during the processing time? how does it work?
    About 2 weeks ago my wife and i had a call from my officer which asked really basic questions about our jobs and times .

thankyou

Immigration told me does not make any difference.
    Quite right, it doesn't. No LIA or lawyer has influence to get someone priority treatment. The thing they CAN do (if good) is make sure the correct evidence is submitted in the correct way, which makes life easier for the CO who does the processing.

Processing has two sides to it. For one, the CO has to check that what you have said about yourself means that you meet the regulations for eligibility for the visa you have applied for. So s/he will be seeing how you match with everything in the requirements on the website, including the character and health requirements. Then, s/he has to verify every piece of evidence you have sent, usually by asking a third party, someone else who is in a position to know, 'Is it true that this person did x?' 'Did you actually send this reference in? And you wrote it yourself?' This last is responsible for a lot of time passing, because the third parties often don't see any urgency about sending a reply, yet the CO can't proceed without it.

Every CO is working about 100 cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. When the time eventually comes that the CO opens your file and finds that all the answers are back and s/he can tick off everything on the list, enough to come to a conclusion about the outcome (good or bad), then s/he sends the case for second-person checking (2pc), in which another official looks over the whole file, checking for any errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. After 2pc is satisfactorily concluded, then the next phase is updating of the online status, and, later, an email notification of what is to be done next.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Quite right, it doesn't. No LIA or lawyer has influence to get someone priority treatment. The thing they CAN do (if good) is make sure the correct evidence is submitted in the correct way, which makes life easier for the CO who does the processing.

Processing has two sides to it. For one, the CO has to check that what you have said about yourself means that you meet the regulations for eligibility for the visa you have applied for. So s/he will be seeing how you match with everything in the requirements on the website, including the character and health requirements. Then, s/he has to verify every piece of evidence you have sent, usually by asking a third party, someone else who is in a position to know, 'Is it true that this person did x?' 'Did you actually send this reference in? And you wrote it yourself?' This last is responsible for a lot of time passing, because the third parties often don't see any urgency about sending a reply, yet the CO can't proceed without it.

Every CO is working about 100 cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. When the time eventually comes that the CO opens your file and finds that all the answers are back and s/he can tick off everything on the list, enough to come to a conclusion about the outcome (good or bad), then s/he sends the case for second-person checking (2pc), in which another official looks over the whole file, checking for any errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. After 2pc is satisfactorily concluded, then the next phase is updating of the online status, and, later, an email notification of what is to be done next.

hi . thanks so much again for the quick and detailed answer .....

It is a case by case basis. I handed mine in on 19th December 2016 and then was approved and stamped by 15th February 2017! It really depends on each case, everyone is treated equally. Just have to be patient and accept that it can take a lot of time and waiting

Hey guys, congrats on your success I have just submitted a family application from the UK (my Wife is an NZ Citizen) - one thing I can't find info about is roughly when INZ take the payment for the application? I know the fee is non refundable but I wondered if they will charge my Credit Card the first time they look at my forms, or when an Officer is appointed, or when a decision is made? Any advice from your experiences? Many thanks. Drew.

Normally the money is taken shortly after the application is lodged.

Brilliant, thanks

Wondering if you applied offshore ?
    Seems like it takes ages when one applies offshore .

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

hi sorry i was just wondering....... with third parts you mean? plus i have sent an email to my officer asking if everything was going ok i have received no answer. i was wondering if it is a policy of the officers not answer to emails unless totally necessary to avoid the creation a time wasting and unwanted emailing communication ? cheers

with third parts you mean?
    I don't understand what you mean here.

Yes, you thought right, and you can't expect a social, polite, relationship from a CO, with replies when there is nothing to say. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give. And

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast