Thread: Hi, A question about the English of my partner and re-submitting

Talking Hi, A question about the English of my partner and re-submitting

I finished the EOI form yesterday. Have a question,
    So the form needs me to fill the English status of my wife.
    My wife will take the IELTS test at June/2017

Question 1
    For the form, which option should I pick?
    I should choose "None of the above" or predict a "IELTS 5.0"?

Question 2:
    I wanna re-submitting...Haven't selected.
    Will the re-submitting cause me pay one more time?

Thanks

You cannot put information on the form in advance. The EOI is a legal document, and by submitting it, you are saying that everything you wrote there is the truth. If you guess without knowing the facts, this is NOT the truth.

I've been looking at your old thread. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ht=#post557027 As the poster there said, you could put in the EOI saying your wife does not meet the requirements so you will pre-purchase ESOL. Then, as long as she gets the result she needs on IELTS, you can alter this detail on your ITA.

I don't understand about your question 2. Did you apply before, but that EOI never got selected from the pool?

Thanks for the answer, understood.
    At that post, https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ht=#post557027
    you said 'just pay ESOL tuition fee at approval.'
    The 'approval' here means ITA or AIP ? Thanks

And, Yes, my EOI hasn't got selected from the pool, yet, just sent yesterday, haven't applied before, this is my 1st time applying
    Last edited by albertgao; 9th May 2017 at 08:27 PM.

That wasn't me - that was the other poster.

What happens is this.

You submit your EOI saying you will pre-purchase ESOL for your wife. That will satisfy the requirement, so INZ can tick 'partner's English' as dealt with.

If your wife never sits the IELTS exam, or if she sits it but does not get a high enough average mark, then you leave this detail as it is on your ITA, and after your case has been processed and you are told you have been Approved, you will have to pay for ESOL for her.

But if she sits the IELTS exam and gets an average of 5 or higher, then you can alter your ITA (which is just a printout of your EOI with your answers written in), to show that your wife satisfies the English requirement by having IELTS of (whatever). Then, at the end of processing, you won't be due to pay anything.

Quote Originally Posted by albertgao View Post
    And, Yes, my EOI hasn't got selected from the pool, yet, just sent yesterday, haven't applied before, this is my 1st time applying
    And how was your IELTS, Mr. Albert?

Quote Originally Posted by swearwolves View Post
    And how was your IELTS, Mr. Albert?
    Will take the test at this Saturday.
    A little bit risky, but consider my history, should be around 6.5 to 7

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That wasn't me - that was the other poster.

What happens is this.

You submit your EOI saying you will pre-purchase ESOL for your wife. That will satisfy the requirement, so INZ can tick 'partner's English' as dealt with.

If your wife never sits the IELTS exam, or if she sits it but does not get a high enough average mark, then you leave this detail as it is on your ITA, and after your case has been processed and you are told you have been Approved, you will have to pay for ESOL for her.

But if she sits the IELTS exam and gets an average of 5 or higher, then you can alter your ITA (which is just a printout of your EOI with your answers written in), to show that your wife satisfies the English requirement by having IELTS of (whatever). Then, at the end of processing, you won't be due to pay anything.

Thanks so much