Thread: "Give reasoning your job is skilled" - how to best answer

Default "Give reasoning your job is skilled" - how to best answer

Hello,

I'm currently drafting my response to he above question in my EOI submission.

I'm trying as much as possible to keep with what their guide has said, i.e. How the job matches up with what is described in the ANZSCO guide, and how relevant qualifications fit in with the job offer.

I'm claiming points for the offer of permanent skilled employment as an Environmental Consents Analyst. The closest job title that matches my job description is "Environmental Consultant" in the ANZSCO guide. I have a relevant level 9 qualification relevant to the job (MSc Environmental Technology), so am trying to slot that into my response too.

My question is, do you think a few paragraphs explaining the above is sufficient? It says 3000 characters allowed, and I've only filled about 1,300, and am worried I'm missing out on something. I'm also slightly concerned that because my job title isn't just "environmental consultant" that they will just reject the claim that the job is skilled. How strict are they with how similiar job titles are to the ones in the ANZSCO guide?

If anyone who would be able to help wants, I can send my actual response to the section to you, or happy to post it on here too for any feedback?

Any tips / advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Job TITLES don't matter at all, as long as the job DESCRIPTIONS can be matched to a reasonable extent.

An employer can call a job anything at all that makes sense within the context of his/her business, and it won't necessarily describe the responsibilities. Someone mentioned on here years ago a job entitled 'Assistant to Mr Johnson'. Without knowing if Mr Johnson was the CEO of the company, or the janitor, or anything in between, that job title meant absolutely nothing!

Yes good point! Thank you.