Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions will be appreciated

Default Suggestions will be appreciated

Hi Friends,

I need your suggestions based on my following situation:
    S
    I have completed Level 8 education from University of Auckland, Post graduation in Software Engineering.
    I am here with work search visa for the past 7 months. My past 7 months experience in job searching says getting job in Information Technology(with 8 plus years experience) is next to impossible without resident visa. Already I have not worked in IT for the past 1 year 5 months. I have applied for resident visa under skilled migration category with 170 points. ITA submitted at the beginning of Feb 2017, fee is deducted.

CO is not allocated yet, It seems CO allocation is not going to take place in near future. Currently I am staying in Auckland.

I have the following situations before me

1) Search IT job for remaining 5 months in New Zealand.
    2) Go to my country and search job, get employed in IT.

Which of the above two options favour in getting Resident Visa, and IT employment in New Zealand. Is there any other better option.

My area of expertise is in MSBI - SSRS -SQL Server Reporting Services, and programming in MS SQL Server, Qlikview.
    Apart from the above I am Good in MS Excel VBA, MS Access VBA. If any one of you can refer in IT, I will be Thank full to them.

Thank you advance for suggestions.

Hi

Just check with Hannah Iranon from sourced.kiwi , they were looking for profiles with Qlikview experience.

I am curious about your SMC, how you achieved 170 points without a Job offer

Good luck man!
    It's a lottery..... it's hard to find a job..... really hard.
    I am an electronics engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by vignesh_j View Post
    Hi

Just check with Hannah Iranon from sourced.kiwi , they were looking for profiles with Qlikview experience.

I am curious about your SMC, how you achieved 170 points without a Job offer
    11 years of experience in Software ( with combination of software development and lecturer in computer science department)
    + With NZQA Level 9 education form my Country Degree
    + NZ Qualification with Level 8 education
    + Age
    + Partners Educational qualification
    + Bonus points
    Don't take this above as accuracy as the above came to my mind while replying, I might have missed something.

Regards,
    Keyvee

Quote Originally Posted by keyvee View Post
    11 years of experience in Software ( with combination of software development and lecturer in computer science department)
    + With NZQA Level 9 education form my Country Degree
    + NZ Qualification with Level 8 education
    + Age
    + Partners Educational qualification
    + Bonus points
    Don't take this above as accuracy as the above came to my mind while replying, I might have missed something.

Regards,
    Keyvee
    Bro, you got 11 years experience in software development or testing, but still frustrated. Why?
    I have many friends and including me , we got IT job without having any experiences..
    So, do not give up.. Try to work hard .
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_kiwi View Post
    Bro, you got 11 years experience in software development or testing, but still frustrated. Why?
    I have many friends and including me , we got IT job without having any experiences..
    So, do not give up.. Try to work hard .
    Cheers
    My experience is mostly in software development, however I worked in Testing projects as well. Written test cases, created test scenarios, performed test execution.

Hi Vignesh, Can you give more details about Hannah, Iranon.
    Thanks and regards,

Keyvee

Bro try giving software testing papers. I know it's stupid but give it. The test papers around $170 which is worth it. My friends got into anz, capgemini, Orion health and trademe with it.

Best is, get into quality control jobs as well with mobile app development, there are heaps but don't lose hope. The problem with it is people in NZ need finished products. There are hardly any openings from SQL or VBA, people hire those who have SAP experience.

Those who have nothing can only dream, cause those who don't work towards achieving them. The reality is the big company's are no longer interested in giving visas but we can always try. At least we will get experience.

I might be unskilled as per NZ or don't have white skin, but do one thing. Make a database of all it recruitment companies in NZ, send your profile to them and follow up on regular basis. Whenever you get follow up queries do linked in research about the person and find common interest to discuss. That's how I have done business development with success. It's how you can sell anything to anyone. To small companies discuss why they SHOULD hire you if they don't want to go out of business.

Breakdown your knowledge and experience into services and do research on what the market cost is as per hourly basis. And when ever you get a positive reply, negotiate hard on what you deserve, don't blindly accept cause of visa.

Unfortunately I can't suggest more, recent visa changes have left me clueless as well.

? I just got notification of reputation comment here? I cant find anything?

I didnt do anything or say anything bad, whats that for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast