Thread: Partner's Police Certificates: I just want to make sure I've done my math right

Default Partner's Police Certificates: I just want to make sure I've done my math right

Hi there,

I am just a bit confused and baffled, and I want to make sure I'm not going crazy before I try to push this with Immigration.

I applied for residency based on partnership in late January 2017. My application has gone through quality control and they have asked me to provide police certificates for my partner because of the following:

My partner lived in the UK from early 2008 until October 2009.

The forms and now my case officer (in their email to me) have explicitly stated that partners who have lived in another country for 12+ months within the last seven years requires a police certificate.

So I just want to make sure I'm doing my math right: January 2017 - 7 years = January 2010.

This would mean when my application was put through, it had been over 7 years since my partner lived in the UK which should also mean he does not require this. Or am I missing something here?

Cheers

Correct, just point out to them it was more than 7 years ago.

Hmmm...you could argue with them but they can demand if they aren't satisfied. I know few case they demanded Police cert from UK.