Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support form for partnership-based temporary work visa (NZ1146 Form)

Default Support form for partnership-based temporary work visa (NZ1146 Form)

Hi there,

This week we sent our application to the London office for my partner's work visa (I am a New Zealander and he's Spanish). Today we received an email saying that they couldn't continue processing the application as they need the following:

NZ1146 Form – sponsorship form completed and signed by your sponsor and signed by a Solicitor / Notary Public / JP

We actually sent this form in with our application, but it wasn't signed by a notary as the version uploaded to the immigration website does not include a section for this. I even tried various links and all of them lead to the same form:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...016_fa_web.pdf

Naturally I was quite upset, because we put a lot of effort into this application and did our best to make sure we included everything, but this was not our fault. After doing a google search, I found another version of the form which includes a section to be signed by the notary:

http://www.immigrationtonz.co.nz/dow...vember2010.pdf

This is the form I printed out today and took to the notary, which I will scan and email back to Immigration NZ. I hope it's the correct one, but I am still a bit worried, as the link says this form is from 2010, while the one on the website says it's from May 2017! For this reason I find it very hard to believe that the forms uploaded on the website are incorrect, as they are so recent.

Has anyone else had this experience?

as far as i know, the form 1146 doesn't need to be signed by a JP. Only a copy of passport needs to be signed by a JP. Please correct me if i am wrong. cheers btw best luck

That seems very strange. However, even supposing the person at the INZ London office may have made a mistake in asking you for the old form, at least you now know that they have got BOTH versions, the old one and the more up-to-date.

Thank you for your help guys, I hope everything turns out fine.

Hi there, my partner is about to submit her work visa application as well. She lived in germany for 1 year . Does she have to provide police certificate from Germany? or police report from her home country is ok? thank you

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45181.htm It depends. For Residence, if her year in Germany was within the last ten years, then she will need to show a German police certificate https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates (follow the links for detailed instructions as to how to get it), as well as one from her home country.

Thank you for mentoning Jand. well my partner has only lived in germany for 1 year and i dont want to apply for her police certificate and wait for another 1 month in my home country. I need to go to NZ and find a job and support my partner as well. So instead I will apply for her visitor visa and when she is in NZ i will apply for her police certificate and then apply for partnership work visa. Is this a good idea? can anyone guide me Please who have been similar situation please.

Be careful. A visitor's visa isn't a catch-all for every situation where a person doesn't have a visa for what they really want to do. If she applies for a visitor's visa, there is the issue of bona fide intentions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide Someone applying to come as a visitor is stating that they intend to leave again at the end of a set amount of time, to go back to home and work in another country. She doesn't. This will be obvious if she very shortly afterwards applies for a partner-sponsored work visa. An application to INZ is a legal document, and submitting it is warranting that you are telling the truth, and if INZ see that someone hasn't been absolutely frank with them, they can interpret this as fraud, which can mean at best having to apply for a character waiver for every future visa, and at worst, refusal.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Be careful. A visitor's visa isn't a catch-all for every situation where a person doesn't have a visa for what they really want to do. If she applies for a visitor's visa, there is the issue of bona fide intentions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide Someone applying to come as a visitor is stating that they intend to leave again at the end of a set amount of time, to go back to home and work in another country. She doesn't. This will be obvious if she very shortly afterwards applies for a partner-sponsored work visa. An application to INZ is a legal document, and submitting it is warranting that you are telling the truth, and if INZ see that someone hasn't been absolutely frank with them, they can interpret this as fraud, which can mean at best having to apply for a character waiver for every future visa, and at worst, refusal.
    yup you are right. Can I send my partner application for work visa and in the mean time apply for her police certificate of germany. And as soon as we get it from Germany then forward it to the INZ. This will save me a lot of time.Will INZ be happy with this as i dont wanna wait for another 1 month just for the police certificate and then apply. any thought?

I understand that you are impatient, but rules are rules, and they take no account of applicants' feelings. If the application form states that police certificates must be provided WITH the application, then that is what must happen. If your partner sends in the application without a listed necessary document, the application may be rejected outright. Or just possibly, INZ will hold it and do nothing until the certificate arrives. Either way, you will have saved no time at all, and in the first case, you will have wasted the application fee, as well as getting an 'application rejected' mark against your partner's name to be explained for any future visa application, which is not good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast