Thread: Partner WV Applying for 2nd Yr - Question about Section C on partner supporting application

Default Partner WV Applying for 2nd Yr - Question about Section C on partner supporting application

Hey guys, I got granted a years partner work visa which is up in mid-July and am just about to send in for a 2nd year to be able to save for my residency. I've gone through the forms and we have a question about Section C on my partners form who is supporting the application. The questions in this section are as follows:-

C1 - Have you previously supported or sponsored a successful principal applicant under our Residence – Partnership instructions or ‘partnership-based temporary entry instructions’, or did you include a secondary applicant partner in your residence application who was granted residence?

Y - Provide details in the following table of all applicants you have previously supported or included in your residence application.
    Continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary.

N

C2 - Were you a principal applicant under Residence – Partnership instructions or granted residence as the secondary
    applicant partner under another residence category? Y or N

C3 - Have at least five years passed since:
    • you supported or sponsored a principal applicant under Residence – Partnership instructions, or
    • you were granted residence as a principal applicant under Residence – Partnership instructions, or
    • you were granted residence under any other category, if you included a partner in that application, or
    • you were granted residence as the secondary applicant partner under any other category

Y, N OR N/A

Would he answer yes to the first question because he supported me on the current Partner Work Visa? Or is it for if he's supported a previous person/residency? (Which he hasn't). And what would he answer to the other two questions? Just want to make sure we get everything right first time as my visa's so close to expiring now! Thanks, you guys are always a massive help. Feels like I've been through a lot of visas but there's always something!

The wording on the form is ambiguous, isn't it? It ought to say something like 'other than the present partner'. But it is what it is, and the following is what I would do.

C1 - Yes. When giving details, that's when you can put big letters that it is a previous application by this same partner, and no other partners have ever been supported.

C2 - No.

C3 - N/A.