Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From R to PR

Default From R to PR

Hi, all,
    I need some help & advise from you guys.
    I've got my AIP in last June. It supposed that we could have a year to prepare our move. However, we decided to move to NZ in Jan this year. I haven't quit my job. Thus, I went together with my family & helped them to settle down, then I went back to work. I originally planned to quit my job & move to NZ in July this year (such that I can fulfill the 184 days stay in NZ requirement to become a PR). However, due to some work issue, I cannot leave so soon. I may only be able to leave by Aug or Sept.. May I know if there is any way I can delay my first landing date? I visited my family in Apr. Can I treat Apr as my 1st landing date to count how many days I stay in NZ? Any email contact in INZ that I can contact to get such confirmation?
    Many thanks for your help!!
    Best regards,

You had your AIP. Did you and your family then send in your passports to get the Residence visa labels stuck in?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You had your AIP. Did you and your family then send in your passports to get the Residence visa labels stuck in?
    Yes, we did sent our passport to get the residence label and we used that to get in NZ in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Yes, we did sent our passport to get the residence label and we used that to get in NZ in Jan.
    Then you just need to be back in NZ before January 2019 when your resident visa expires and would then have limited ability to travel (14 days visas) till such time as you meet the time spent criteria for a further resident visa, or permanent resident visa.

hey chris can i ask one quick question...my application got returned due to failed logdements,..,so do I need to send a new do application form when applying the second time..,they have already given a reference number BTW
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharry08 View Post
    hey chris can i ask one quick question...my application got returned due to failed logdements,..,so do I need to send a new do application form when applying the second time..,they have already given a reference number BTW
    Thanks
    NO

dontaskme, I think you may find my answer on another thread helpful. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...050#post561050

dontaskme - you can pick any date you want to be your first landing date in NZ, that is up to you...

BUT NZ Immigration has marked your arrival in NZ in Jan as the first entry date.. lol.. Good Luck

Hi, JandM,
    Thanks.... so, my resident visa lasts forever but the travel condition works for the first 2 years once I landed.
    Application of PR would be independent of above & it just relies on my commitment to NZ...
    BTW, do you know that other ways (other than staying 184 days/year) is common or not? Given that NZ (and all other countries) keeps tightening the immigration policy, whether there would be more tighten criteria put against the application of PR?
    Thanks again, JandM

Application of PR would be independent of above & it just relies on my commitment to NZ...
    Not "just". The applicant has to have held residence for two years, to have met any conditions on their residence visa, and to have good character, THEN comes the choice of 'commitment to New Zealand' criteria.

The 'time in NZ' is the most commonly used, but the others are all available. I think they are likely to remain so. Application for Permanent Residence is already restricted, to those who have previously been granted residence. It is residence itself which is being made more difficult to attain as a result of the recent political manoeuvring. They are using that as the pinch-point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast