Thread: Urgent please help me.

Question Urgent please help me.

I have resident visa and my passport gonna expire in mid Sep 2017 but i have to go to overseas for urgent work just for a week in this month. I have booked my ticket and the airline mentioned that your travel document should be valid for more than 6 months so what should i do? any suggestion?

Thanks.

I appreciate you are probably in full panic mode at the moment, so my advice is to grab a breath and then can you tell us:

What nationality is your passport?
    The country you are traveling to?
    Do you transit any other countries on route?

If I cannot help, hopefully someone else can

Hi ptol,

I have an Indian passport and i am travelling to India there is layover for few hours at Malaysia airport during my flight.

Will the Indian High Commission in Wellington issue you a new/extended passport in time? You'd then need to approach an INZ branch and have label transferred. They should do that while you wait at some branches?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Will the Indian High Commission in Wellington issue you a new/extended passport in time? You'd then need to approach an INZ branch and have label transferred. They should do that while you wait at some branches?
    Hi ChrisMwn,

My flight is by tomorrow and my trip is just for a week. so there is no enough time to get new passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeppy View Post
    Hi ChrisMwn,

My flight is by tomorrow and my trip is just for a week. so there is no enough time to get new passport.
    Then your only issue is what Malaysian authorities will require for the transit. India won't care since you are arriving there on an Indian passport and Nz won't care since you have a resident visa which allows you to remain here indefinitely.only other question is to be depart before passport expiry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Then your only issue is what Malaysian authorities will require for the transit. India won't care since you are arriving there on an Indian passport and Nz won't care since you have a resident visa which allows you to remain here indefinitely.only other question is to be depart before passport expiry.
    Yeah only Malaysia country will not allow to enter. So i don't know what should i do at this moment? i have just one day left to travel.

Nobody can give a magical solution. If you won't be admitted to Malaysia, and you have to go via Malaysia, you will have to change your flight till after you have renewed your passport, or change it to some other route that doesn't have a transit in a country with this restriction.