Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security check

Default Security check

Logged my residence visa under SMC Sep 2016. Everything went pretty Smooth, was informed by CO around late January that my application is now under standard process of verification which I believe is the security check. And have been waiting ever since which is very frustrating for me. Anyone's experiencing the same situation here? And is there any timeframe requirement says that for a certain stage of the process shouldn't take over than x month?

Good luck mate. I know there are some in this forum waited for more than 6 months and nsc still haven't return. There are no timeframe i believe re nsc reading from some of the responses from some senior members in this forum. But for some reason, my CO advised me once that 6 months is the timeframe for my case and its a worst case scenario and she wouldn't expect it will take that long (note that i applied under WTR accredited employer and i am eligible for direct PR which was what I was granted).

I lodged app in July 2016 and National security check is awaited since sep 2016 is different that normal verification process
    NSC do takes this kind of time however normal verification isnt that of a lengthy process as u say
    If u can share more into like ur nationality and current status may be we can help more

The standard process of verification is the checking that all the evidence you have submitted is genuine. For instance, the CO contacts past employers and asks if it's true what it says in their letter submitted with you application, that you did x job with y responsibilities for z length of time at a salary of (whatever)$. This happens for everything - qualification and partnership proof if any also.

I don't know why you think you would be subject to a security check. That (NSC) is applied to people who are citizens of or who have worked in countries with a bad record on human rights. Maybe you have done...

Any application takes as long as it takes. The CO can't proceed without ALL the replies, ALL the boxes ticked. Also, every CO is working around 100 cases in rotation, not just yours. INZ are dealing with a wave of applications over these last several months, so there is a backlog. People are being told an application under SMC can well take up to a year from EOI to decision. Some people get a pleasant surprise, but if you expect a year, you won't be living on your nerves all the time.

Thanks! i'm from China, applying for residence as a service delivery manager, now i'm still at "standard process of verification" since January, as informed by my immigrant consultant, this should be the last second stage, once this is finished then the next stage will be SPC

Quote Originally Posted by damicanee View Post
    I lodged app in July 2016 and National security check is awaited since sep 2016 is different that normal verification process
    NSC do takes this kind of time however normal verification isnt that of a lengthy process as u say
    If u can share more into like ur nationality and current status may be we can help more
    Thanks! i'm from China, applying for residence as a service delivery manager, now i'm still at "standard process of verification" since January, as informed by my immigrant consultant, this should be the last second stage, once this is finished then the next stage will be SPC

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The standard process of verification is the checking that all the evidence you have submitted is genuine. For instance, the CO contacts past employers and asks if it's true what it says in their letter submitted with you application, that you did x job with y responsibilities for z length of time at a salary of (whatever)$. This happens for everything - qualification and partnership proof if any also.

I don't know why you think you would be subject to a security check. That (NSC) is applied to people who are citizens of or who have worked in countries with a bad record on human rights. Maybe you have done...

Any application takes as long as it takes. The CO can't proceed without ALL the replies, ALL the boxes ticked. Also, every CO is working around 100 cases in rotation, not just yours. INZ are dealing with a wave of applications over these last several months, so there is a backlog. People are being told an application under SMC can well take up to a year from EOI to decision. Some people get a pleasant surprise, but if you expect a year, you won't be living on your nerves all the time.
    thanks for your reply, I think in this case it must be me understand it wrongly, I thought NSC is part of the process of verification, but as pointed out by the early replier, NSC is only for countries that has bad human right issue and I don't China is under that category (?).
    I do understand that some cases might take a really long time to process and the co are all super busy as this stage, but two people who I know that logged their application later than me has been approved residence in April. errrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm just literally living on the nerves everyday now lol

Not sure if that is the case- but if you are on a work visa right now, and that is still valid, there might be other cases where people's visa run out soon, so the process needs to be sped up a little?

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    Not sure if that is the case- but if you are on a work visa right now, and that is still valid, there might be other cases where people's visa run out soon, so the process needs to be sped up a little?
    thanks for your reply, I think this might not be the case as I have just acquired my new employer assisted work visa early this month. the last one expired I think it's the 8th March, I was in contact with the CO trying to figure out if I could have my residence approved before that so that I can save some money, but obviously the answer was no so I submitted my application for a new work visa before the expiry date, then I was granted an Interim Visa (BTW, Could the ""Interim Visa be the case here?)

two people who I know that logged their application later than me has been approved residence in April
    It's not a race with three horses! INZ are dealing with hundreds of thousands of cases, and your cases are just specks in that great sea of paperwork. They won't always finish up in the same office to be dealt with throughout, even if they were originally submitted in the same place. See this old post to imagine it. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...332#post558332

Reasons why a case can get finished sooner. 1) All the people asked to verify pieces of evidence replied by return, when on another case, they weren't in any hurry. 2) One case has claimed the minimum of points, so has fewer things to be verified, whereas another may have several qualifications, several lots of work experience and partnership proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast