Thread: Interested to know the CO Story - What is at stake for them?

Default Interested to know the CO Story - What is at stake for them?

While all of us here discuss our own particular cases, it still is something interesting to know how the CO is affected by each of these cases themselves.

What is at stake for the CO and his/her career if they get a decision right or wrong? Anyone can give an input here? It will be interesting to know ...

How does each case, verification process and the result of the case effect a Case Officer? How does an appeal effect that case officer, specially if the appeal results in his/her recommendation being overturned or rejected?

Basically, what is at stake for him/her in terms of career or more?

Personal opinion is that it is quite hard for a CO to get something wrong as it is a tick box exercise. I wonder if a refusal goes through a second officer for QA purposes. If it does, then very unlikely to affect CO.

Strange question. For any job, competence is a requirement. How do you think your employer would view YOU, if you were found to have made errors in any/many of the tasks you were given to do?

Whatever the case, I don't think the information will ever be made public. That's just asking for trouble and unnecessary pressure on the CO.

For eg. in your job if you knew that one wrong decision and appeal is going to get you fired - you would obviously be tilted towards making a positive decision, thus making an appeal much less likely. You have to remember that the CO works in the interest of INZ and applicants are not the same as customers - they have to look at both sides.

All CO's won't have knowledge of how every single industry works so they have to go with ticking all the boxes as per government guidelines.

Just my 2 cents...

I'm sure there's plenty of cases where judgment is involved.

E.g. Partner visas - does the evidence sufficiently prove the existence of the relationship?

Character waivers - balancing the past conduct on one hand and rehabilitation evidence in the other

it must be a stressful job