Hi there,

We recently sent our application to London for my husband's work visa (he's Spanish and I am a New Zealander). Today we received an email saying they cannot accept his Limited Medical Certificate as we have not been living together for more than 12 months. The thing is, we are less than 1 month away from meeting the 12-month requirement (we have been living together since 11/06/16 and married for 10 months). Furthermore, we provided a VERY detailed timeline showing all the trips we did together before that, with evidence of flights and hotels we stayed at. If they take those trips into account (34 days physically together), it has definitely more than 12 months! And of course we submitted plenty of evidence to prove that we currently live together at the same address.

I wrote back to the officer with all these dates and information, and I'm really hoping those trips can be taken into account. It would be a huge financial blow for us if we had to redo the medical certificate, and we are also getting quite stressed as we are travelling abroad in late June and we were hoping to have the visa and passport back before then, but now we are having all these delays Can anyone comment from their own experience? Is it likely they will reconsider our application and accept the Limited Medical Certificate? We are really hoping to receive a positive reply from them soon.