Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dentists!!

Default Dentists!!

I have just gotta tell you all that I have found a GREAT dentist!!!

I am a VERY, VERY nervous patient.

Decided to be brave, even though I have pain or anything at the moment, I didn't want to wait till I HAD something wrong!

After alot of searching I booked in for a check up at StAlbans Dental Centre............ stressing to them at the booking that I am extremely nervous.

OMG

They have been excellent, so I have got to recommened them!

Very patient staff and soooooooooo caring. I felt like they were old friends. So anyone else in Christchurch, putting off the dreaded checkup....... scrape, polish you must give these a go!

Joanne

Hi joanne , I'm glad you had a positive dental experience

I do think that its my one gripe back here in blighty - working at a mostly NHS practice - We just dont have enough time to spend with patients . I certantly will NOT miss crazy sessions like 70 + nhs patients a day !!! yes really - i bet the average dentist in NZ would'nt see that many in a week .

It really is wonderful to have someone put their faith in you & come out with a glowing report - see we're not all evil monsters that work at the dentist ........ well ok our receptionist is

vic x

Oh wow, you have no idea how timely that post is Jocalla! Thank you! I tried to get into our local dentist but they are booked up until end of Feb , so was told to go to Team Dental in Riccarton (heard bad reports about them). I'll certainly check out this St Albans one... do you know if they used gas or not?

Moorf

They offer you EVERYTHING Helen

The hygenist was sooooooo good, telling me that there is NO need what so ever for me to be uncomfortable.

I just had the numbing paste...................I know it was only a scrape and polish................ but I am a COMPLETE whimp.

I am in again on Monday to get the top teeth done, and am gonna have an injection this time.

But you know Laura (met her at your bbq), she had alot of work done and she is WORSE than me (crying just making an appointment). Well she had this injection thing in her arm. She said it was BRILL!! Can't hardly remember anything and came out as high as a kite

Mind you it does cost..........but.............Thats one thing I think is worth paying for.

When I met the dentist, he knew how nervous I was and he asked me what bothers me the most. I told him it was that scrapey thing they use when checking your teeth. His reply was' No problem, we just wont use it'! So for my initial check up he just used his mirror and done some xrays. He made me feel so at ease. Had all the time in the world for me. Excellent service and well worth it!

Joanne

Oh wow, I'm almost looking forward to it... arm injection thingy sounds promising....

Hubby got problems with his wisdom tooth, it's compacted he has to have it removed and the one next to it! Hope your ready for this ..... It's going to cost $1140 with a local or $4000 with a general aaaaagh . It can be done on national health here but he would have to wait about 18 months to 2 years and the dentist said it can't wait. Appointment already booked for beginning of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Sage
    Hubby got problems with his wisdom tooth, it's compacted he has to have it removed and the one next to it! Hope your ready for this ..... It's going to cost $1140 with a local or $4000 with a general aaaaagh . It can be done on national health here but he would have to wait about 18 months to 2 years and the dentist said it can't wait. Appointment already booked for beginning of March.
    Ouch! The pain starts before you even get into the surgery and continues long afterwards...

If you're still considering your options - rather than paying for the $4,000 general option has your OH considered the $1,140 local plus $30 bottle of scotch beforehand?

I was VERY impressed with the dentist I found here too. Went to a guy called Anil Raman in Carterton - just for a check up and clean. $60 - and he spent well over 1/2 hour poliching my teeth - and getting some old cement off from when I had braces about 20 years ago!. Despite numerous requests - no one bothered to sort it in the UK and it causes terrible staining.

He was brilliant - and really LOOKED at my teeth. In the last several years in teh UK - all they seem to have done is opened my mouth and gone "Yep - theres some teeth in there!"
    working at a mostly NHS practice - We just dont have enough time to spend with patients . I certantly will NOT miss crazy sessions like 70 + nhs patients a day !!! yes really - i bet the average dentist in NZ would'nt see that many in a week .
    Soooo understand where you are coming from - same in Pharmacy and for the Doctors. No time to do a proper job adn more and more demands on what little time you do have.

You should find it much more enjoyable here - though I have been put off pahramcy so much I wont even look at it here.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeM
    Ouch! The pain starts before you even get into the surgery and continues long afterwards...

If you're still considering your options - rather than paying for the $4,000 general option has your OH considered the $1,140 local plus $30 bottle of scotch beforehand?
    I have already bought the scotch!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeM

I have already bought the scotch!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast