Thread: Little help for all of you - check your Birth Certificates are "Full"!!!

Default Little help for all of you - check your Birth Certificates are "Full"!!!

Hi everyone, a bit of help for anyone in the process of applying...!

Make sure the Birth Certificates you send are "Full" Versions. I sent my original Birth Certificate from 1968 all hand written and everything but apparently usually only a "short" version is issued as standard and this is not acceptable as it does not include the Parents' details...you do not get the "Full" version unless you request (and pay for) it at some point.

You'd think your actual original Birth Certificate that you've kept safe for 49 years would be sufficient but apparently not.

Everything else was fine with our Application but it cannot be accepted and they have to send it all the way back to the UK then we need to add the new certificate and send it all the way back to Auckland. This will put us back to the start and lose us five weeks which I'm very depressed about

Good luck all and hopefully this may help someone avoid this disappointment I'm feeling right now.

Drew

In some countries "short" birth certificate includes all information INZ wants, i.e. it includes name and surname of parents. This is my case. I asked INZ whether they'd accept "short"/"simple" birth certificate if info they want to see is there. Response I got on the phone: should be enough, but if case officer wants to see the document titled "full" birth certificate, they may ask for it... My document is titled "Extract from birth certificate" (full version would contain any changes, such as change of surname etc-not applicable to me). Obviously, it's expensive and takes time so I'd rather go with the certificate I have. Anyone with actual experience? Thanks!