Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citizenship time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland2016 View Post
    I like hiking so somewhere I can still hike in winter will be great. Life is great, weather is beautiful even in autumn, Auckland has 50 volcano cones and I have already visited 10 of them!

p.s. Just heard that terrorist attack in Manchester :-(
    Very very sad news about Manchester. I cannot believe the world we all in live in sometimes. It saddens me

I am new to trail running, I have always road ran but trails running or tramping are new and I am now enjoying my new adventures and venturing further. We live on the rural side of Te Aroha and that is a mountain I would say is worth a hike, beautiful and achievable. Lots of tramping tracks along the Woirangamai Valley next to the mountain, most I have tramped/ran but there are a couple still up there on my to do list I will get them ticked off. Have you seen the Pinnacles walk? Its closed at the moment since the floods we had but definitely worth a walk when its open for the views!
    So you have visited 10 - only another 40 to do, can they all be walked? I have to say I have only done one, Maungakiekie (One Tree Hill) That was a nice walk.

Canada is great if you don't mind cold! We lived in Vancouver which is the warmest city of Canada. Vancouver is spectacular in the summer. Can go skiing in the local mountain after work. However, in the winter, it just rains non-stop. It rained 28 days last Oct. I used to think Manchester rained a lot! Since I turned 50 last year, we decided we should move to somewhere warmer.
    I have never tried skiing, maybe when the boys are older we shall give it a try, Mount Ruapehu is only 2 hours away. I thought it rained a lot here in NZ, plus side we get sunshine after the rain not sure if I could get used to it raining for 28 days Autumn here is beautiful - no complaints there, plus its my favourite season!

Oh come on now, don't exaggerate--it only rains twice a year in Vancouver! Mind you, one of those times is November through February...

Whilst I do like the mild winter here in Auckland I miss cross country skiing and snowboarding (both on Cypress mostly) after work. I had a conference in Spain in February so I stopped in Tallinn (before) and Stockholm (after) to get me a winter fix. It was too warm to make bringing my cross country skis worth the bother, but I enjoyed skating outdoors a lot.

Canada is great if you don't mind cold! We lived in Vancouver which is the warmest city of Canada. Vancouver is spectacular in the summer. Can go skiing in the local mountain after work. However, in the winter, it just rains non-stop. It rained 28 days last Oct.(

Hi

Thanks for support

I have filled my application and it won't be processed until June because I am missing out 3 weeks from first year. They count backward and lot of people get caught under it, if you are filing earlier than 5 years.

Please check out other thread here with my posts
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...663#post561663

Good Luck and keep us posted here

Quote Originally Posted by Living Life View Post
    Hi I am so sorry to hear about the break - thats tough going? I wish you luck and happiness for the future. Fishing can help and staying active. I am quite an active person and I find that helps when it comes to dealing with with hard times Now you are single get yourself out and about travelling, especially if you haven't seen much of the South Island, so beautiful!

As for the Citizenship front, I have just phoned them and we have an appointment in July as they are booked up till then! Fingers crossed we can get it all rolling forward and we become NZ citizens
    Last edited by CCIE_4_NZ_work; 28th May 2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE_4_NZ_work View Post
    Hi

They count backward and lot of people get caught under it, if you are filing earlier than 5 years. ]

Good Luck and keep us posted here
    We will have been here 5 years on the 12th of June so I am assuming we will be ok, my hubby did all the counting ha ha

Any good news ?

I got my one last week.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Congrats on your citizenship we got ours before our 5th anniversary. As to why we got it, well, we are more settled here than anywhere we've lived. To explain that, when we moved here, my husband and I had been together for 9 years. Wellington was the 5th city in the 3rd country we'd lived in since being together. So we had a bit of a habit of moving every 2-3 years. We have now been in the same house in the same city for 7 years. I think that speaks volumes about how much we like it here. We've recently had the option to move up towards Palmerston North. We could sell our house and build a new one to be mortgage free. But we can't tear ourselves away from Wellington just yet!

Congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12