Thread: Partnership based work visa delays

Unhappy Partnership based work visa delays

My wife applied for partnership based work visa late March but we have received an email today saying it will be another 10-15 weeks until her application is processed because of high volume of applications.

Is there any way we could 'fast track' her application. We were hoping to get the visa by May but this uncertainty will affect my wife's chances of applying for jobs.

Please advise what can be done?

Found another thread where this is being discussed. Mods please close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by melper View Post
    My wife applied for partnership based work visa late March but we have received an email today saying it will be another 10-15 weeks until her application is processed because of high volume of applications.

Is there any way we could 'fast track' her application. We were hoping to get the visa by May but this uncertainty will affect my wife's chances of applying for jobs.

Please advise what can be done?
    Been waiting for my one since march 9,2017. no Co yet. They dont do fast track not unless there's reason to. I asked for my one if its possible to escalate since Im pregnant but they dont think it's very urgent. Just be patient. Everyone is waiting. INZ is really fair. Your wife is not the only one on qeue. There are others who badly needs it too but can't do anything but to to wait. Its nearly 3 months of mine waiting still no CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy8888 View Post
    Been waiting for my one since march 9,2017. no Co yet. They dont do fast track not unless there's reason to. I asked for my one if its possible to escalate since Im pregnant but they dont think it's very urgent. Just be patient. Everyone is waiting. INZ is really fair. Your wife is not the only one on qeue. There are others who badly needs it too but can't do anything but to to wait. Its nearly 3 months of mine waiting still no CO.
    Which branch have u applied? I m planning to apply for my partners work visa as well.

Lodged mine in Christchurch branch and got the approved work visa based on partnership after 4 working days. They gave me 1 year work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    Which branch have u applied? I m planning to apply for my partners work visa as well.
    Lodged at manukau but moved to Auckland branch. So much people applying there which causing the delays

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    You have to put in your application to where INZ tell you. It won't necessarily end up being processed there (because managers direct work to where there is most spare capacity), but it will get added into the system more quickly if you send it to the office set up to receive it. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

Thank u jandM. I will send my partners file to where it says.

When i saw this linkhttps://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/checklists/india/inz-india-checklist-partner-student-work.pdf
    If you intend to live for more than 26 month in Nz then it mentions to provide Police certificate from countries where you lived for more than 5 years. But my partner lived in germany for just 13 months.
    Can you please clarify this?

I can't get that URL to open. But I see that it says it relates to a visa for a partner of a student, and that isn't you, since you're a resident.

This http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45181.htm is the up-to-date statement of requirements for police checks. And I think I may have been looking at the wrong clause on this page before - I am so sorry. A5.5 c ii, which is about temporary visas, says...
    If required, applicants aged 17 and over applying for a temporary entry class visa must obtain a police or similar certificate from:

their country of citizenship; and
    from any country in which they have lived for five or more years (whether on one visit or intermittently) since attaining the age of 17 years.
    So it looks as though your partner wouldn't need the German police certificate for this application, but she WILL need it when she comes to apply for Residence, because of A5.5 b ii on that same page.

Thank you jandM for clarifying. I was waiting for my partners police clearance from Germany which was delaying us from applying her work visa.But i think i wont need it now as she can obtain her police clearance in Nz when she applies for her Residence.

Even though the CO ask for police clearance fromgermany now , we can atleast say that we have applied and we are waiting for it and will supply as soon as we get it.

Its a big relief that we can apply tomorrow. Thank you jandM.