Thread: URGENT: Confused about South Island Contribution Work Visa

Default URGENT: Confused about South Island Contribution Work Visa

Hi there. Anyone please enlighten my father about this application? Can he apply for this even though he is on an Interim Visa with same work conditions? He has been working in South Island for 9 years but his current Essential Skills Work Visa is under process, it expired on May 7, 2017. He has problems though with advertisement and qualification set by ESWV instruction as Assistant Farm Manager.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Hi there. Anyone please enlighten my father about this application? Can he apply for this even though he is on an Interim Visa with same work conditions? He has been working in South Island for 9 years but his current Essential Skills Work Visa is under process, it expired on May 7, 2017. He has problems though with advertisement and qualification set by ESWV instruction as Assistant Farm Manager.
    Thank you
    No one can apply for a visa of another type while on an interim visa.
    Applications for the South Island Contribution visa are open until 22 May 2018, with unlimited places, once you have met the criterea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    No one can apply for a visa of another type while on an interim visa.
    Applications for the South Island Contribution visa are open until 22 May 2018, with unlimited places, once you have met the criterea.
    Thanks Chris. But there is section that officer must give an exception to those who don't meet the requirements for the South Island Visa.

Hi, if allowed then can I add one more question on the similar lines... What happens if the principal applicant doesn't meet the age criteria (60 years now) but have worked in South Island for more than 10 years and have contributed to the community? Is there any exception?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by M.M.M. View Post
    Hi, if allowed then can I add one more question on the similar lines... What happens if the principal applicant doesn't meet the age criteria (60 years now) but have worked in South Island for more than 10 years and have contributed to the community? Is there any exception?

Thanks!
    I suspect as with all residence policies with age conditions, there would need to be a request to the Minister for a special direction, to grant an age waiver.