Thread: IPENZ - process

Default IPENZ - process

Hi Guys,

can someone help me with the IPENZ process please?
    A friend of mine with Electronics engineering degree + Masters in Business administration +10yrs of work exp as an ICT project manager applied for residency under SMC. he received NZQA 7 for bachelors and 9 for masters(but no points awarded). Now CO is asking for IPENZ certificate to prove his eligibility for LTSS.

- Whats the normal process to apply for IPENZ?
    - would it be just certificate assessment or he needs to write some kind of test?
    - How long does it normally take to get the certificate?
    - Is there anything he need to be careful about?

Have a look at old threads about IPENZ, where people have described their experience. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz.org+IPENZ

Thanks JandM, they contacted IPENZ and now they have been asked to complete KA02.

But based on the blogs I have read it looks pretty tough to clear - seems they reject many cases. is there anyone who wrote KA02 and got the desired outcome?

IPENZ looks tough when just received those forms. But thinking in its logic, it is actually a good summation of one's learning and working experience as an engineer. One may feel thin on theoretical or experience part but I don't think they are looking for 100% for every component either.

Your completed KA02 will go to some professor for assessment. So just it as a paper in university. Relax and tell the best stories based on your knowledge and experience. You will get through!!

Good Luck

Yes, I have written my IPENZ last year and got a positive outcome.