Thread: IPT Decision/Residence Appeal

Default IPT Decision/Residence Appeal

Hi is there anyone here who did an appeal to IPT and got the approval? If yes, how did you get to know about the approval? Is it through post or email? I just want to know because I have this thinking that if its approved, normally the case manager will send the result through email but once declined it is being sent through post.

Please share your experience.

Thank you

Hi i am not damn sure but what i came to know from my friend that in appeal procedure...if it approved your case is sent back to INZ to senior CO or MBIE manager and applicant is given chance to add anymore additional information and whole application is re assessed carefully.
    That is what i knw but i am not sure that it is correct or not...

Quote Originally Posted by esv143 View Post
    Hi i am not damn sure but what i came to know from my friend that in appeal procedure...if it approved your case is sent back to INZ to senior CO or MBIE manager and applicant is given chance to add anymore additional information and whole application is re assessed carefully.
    That is what i knw but i am not sure that it is correct or not...
    Thanks for the information. Have you got any idea for how long did it take him to get the outcome pls? thanks

7 months

Quote Originally Posted by esv143 View Post
    7 months
    Did he get approved?

Yess

Can you please share about your circumstance?

Quote Originally Posted by kley021303 View Post
    Hi is there anyone here who did an appeal to IPT and got the approval? If yes, how did you get to know about the approval? Is it through post or email? I just want to know because I have this thinking that if its approved, normally the case manager will send the result through email but once declined it is being sent through post.

Please share your experience.

Thank you
    All IPT decisions are made in writing and sent by post to the appellant, or their agent.

You can search previous IPT decisions here: https://forms.justice.govt.nz/search/IPT/Residence/

Default Partnership Residence Refused

Applied for Partnership Residence Sept 2016, we were requested to attend an interview with the C.O Feb 2017 so that she could further assess the credibility of our 5 year relationship. Unfortunately i had just been through some trauma and also suffer Borderline Personality Disorder and i was in a bad headspace and believed my husband head just cheated on me. I had an outburst at the interview and we rescheduled. At the rescheduled interview, the C.O asked what had happened and i explained, she also asked if i thought my husband had been faithful to me, to which i answered no. This is what i believed that day and on and off for weeks after. Due to this i was told based on the info given blah blah and had to give comment. I explained my psychological state and some of the symptoms and also the trauma i just went through and that i no longer believed that my husband had cheated and that i really was in a bad place and had taken my suffering out on him.
    I was declined Residence for the reason: The relationship is not believed to be genuine and exclusive and likely to endure.
    Anyway, all we can do now is appeal...but im unsure of the basis and do i need a lawyer?
    Any help much appreciated as always!

I think you need to ask an LIA or immigration lawyer if you have grounds for appeal. Your case isn't like any other I've seen on the threads.