Thread: Offshore without job offer applicants, let's hangout here with latest updates

Default Offshore without job offer applicants, let's hangout here with latest updates

Since SMC selection points raised to 160 from Oct last year, the number of applicants in the section "offshore without job offer", like me, are dropped tangibly from may be several hundred to around 10 only every fortnight selection.

In this sense, most of the applicants' shared timeline are referring to the biggest section: "onshore with job offer". Their timeline information may be different from ours.

I would like to ask applicants who are offshore without job offer, to share your timeline and any information here, which your information are most valuable to all of us.

My details timeline, I am just in "selected" stage:
    26 Dec 2016 : PAR submitted / 20 Jan 2017 : PAR received
    02 Feb 2017 : EOI Submitted / 15 Feb 2017 : EOI auto-Selected
    22 Feb 2017 : IQA doc sent, for me and my wife 2 IQA applications / 27 Feb 2017 : IQA doc arrived
    17 Mar 2017 : EOI returned to pool, LTSSL claimed points rejected to be award (need IQA result)
    27 Mar 2017 : Paid fast track for my IQA only and confirm received by NZQA
    11 May 2017 : My wife IQA (non-fast track) result received
    15 May 2017 : My IQA (fast track) result received (process earlier, but longer time for accreditation clarification)
    20 May 2017 : EOI re-submitted / 24 May 2017 : EOI selected again

Hi kne,

I'm the one, here you are my timeline.

16-Aug-2016: Submited EOI
    20-Aug-2016: ITA issued
    15-Sep-2016: ITA submitted
    29-Sep-2016: Received back my submitted documents
    13-Mar-2017: CO is assigned
    12-Apr-2017: Interview
    19-Apr-2017: JSV is granted

Quote Originally Posted by kennywu View Post
    19-Apr-2017: JSV is granted
    Hi Kennywu,

May I know that when INZ give you result, did they provide you what is the reason that they give you JSV instead of RV?

You don't get to know that in detail. It is a result of the answers given by the applicant in the interview.

See SM21.10, Assessment of whether a principal applicant can realise their potential to
    successfully settle and contribute, of the INZ operational manual. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu.../residence.pdf

d If an immigration officer assesses that a principal applicant has not demonstrated the ability to
    successfully settle and contribute but can realise their
    potential to successfully settle in and contribute
    to New Zealand the principal applicant will be eligible for the grant of a SMC job search work visa
    (subject to the requirements of WR5 being met) to enable them to realise their potential by obtaining
    an offer of skilled employment (see SM7) in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You don't get to know that in detail. It is a result of the answers given by the applicant in the interview.

See SM21.10, Assessment of whether a principal applicant can realise their potential to
    successfully settle and contribute, of the INZ operational manual. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu.../residence.pdf
    Thank you JandM. That really make me worry about.

I've always wondered, how on earth does one get 160 points without a job offer? Seems highly unlikely.

Hi JandM

Need your suggestions plz

ITA LODGED 21 October 2016 ,CO assigned on 20/02/2017
    Employer questionarrie sent plus asked for ird, pay slips, sent by 01/03/2017
    Had 50min interview on phone on 24/03/2017
    Contacted case office regarding update on 01/05/2017
    Case office replied back saying that, i have recommended a decision and is under 2pc check on 02/05/2017
    Still no update

Please can any one advise me whats happening and what is the usual time frame for 2pc
    Replies will be appreciated

Thanks
    Pramodh

When your CO sent your case for 2pc, it joined the back of a date and time order queue from all the other COs who send to that office. Some time will be passing while it works its way to the front of the queue to get its turn for attention. When it gets its turn, the 2pc official will look over everything about the case - check that all the necessary evidence is there for what you claimed about yourself, and that your CO followed INZ procedure correctly. (If there's anything missing, or wrong, the case gets sent back to your CO, for him/her to correct things, or to require extra the evidence or explanations. This is quite rare.) The actual checking doesn't take very long; it's the queuing that can stretch out. There is no 'usual' time frame, because the length of the queue depends on how much work went through from the COs just before your case, and that is totally unpredictable.