Thread: Flights from Aukland to Wellington

Wink Flights from Aukland to Wellington

Can anyone tell me how much it cost to hop a flight to Wellington?

I have found decent tickets to Aukland, but adding the leg to Wellington adds several hundred dollars.

Are there several flights/day and can you buy at ticket that day at a fair price??

Just curious?

We may end up driving to take the time and let in sink in that we HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

Check the Air New Zealand website, there are loads of daily flights between Akl and Wellington. Different prices depending on seat availability etc, but I would have thought you could get an adult return ticket for NZ$300 or maybe even less. Turning up on the day may not be a cheap option, Akl to Wellington is a busy run for business people so I am not sure there is much need for Air NZ to discount fares etc. You should be able to get a ticket at short notice, but again you will be taking your chances as to whether or not the cheaper fares are available.

Try this link http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/

Thanks!

The hubby is talking about driving down (he's on holiday!) so he wants to enjoy the view!!

He'll have 7 days to help me settle in, we can take it slow the first day!

make sure when he's driving, he fills up the gas between Taupo and Welli. I remember my friend told/warned me to make sure I fill up the gas in Taupo. Cause, after Taupo there will be a long road in the middle of no where...but yeah, enjoy the view indeed.
    Lake Taupo is a nice stop to refresh with enjoying the lake.
    Also, and I was driving between Auck-Welli, there were plenty of time that my phone couldn't be used at all, because no coverage.

Good luck and have a nice trip for your hubby...

Hi just seen this thread.

I flew from Auckland to Wellington by Air New Zealand - it cost me around £70 for a day return - this was in May 2005 (flying time was around 45 minutes).

I booked the ticket on the following website which is probably equivalent to our own expedia etc:

www.zuji.co.nz

There are some good offers to be had.

Good luck

What about taking the train down. They're doing a special at the moment $85 one way. Have a look here www.tranzscenic.co.nz/default.aspx it's got all the main train lines for NZ ! ! It would be a great way to see some fantastic scenery.

Last time I flew it was $130 one way. It was very last minute though.

Default Thanks all!

Thank you all for the tips!

I'm looking at the zuji site right now.
    We have reserved a rental in Auckland, and we'll see how we feel after our long journey.

The journey begins ONE WEEK from today!

It's a planes, trains and automobiles real life adventure.
    We have an overnight train ride to LA, then hop the airport shuttle. That afternoon we fly 8 1/2 hours to Tahiti. We enjoy a 12 hour layover. (overnight -sleeping in the airport ) The next morning, another flight (5 1/2 hours) to Auckland where our rental car awaits

If you book a cheap ticket via the website which isn't part of your overall itinery then you could have problems if your incoming flight is delayed and you miss your connection. If the connecting flight isn't on the same itinerary then I believe that the airline can just wash their hands of any responsibility even if it is the same one for both the international and domestic legs.

But then if you wait until arriving and take pot luck you could end up either with very expensive tickets or with no tickets at all, depending on the actual circumstances of the day. On the other hand you could end up with bargains. Market conditions will rule!

If you intend to fly your choice depends on your risk profile. If you're risk averse you should book a through ticket, if not take one of the other options.