Thread: partnership based visitor visa

Default partnership based visitor visa

Hi! my partner is currently working in new zealand holding a temporary work visa for 3years. he wants me to visit him there, but im hesitant in regard to my requirements as a principal applicant. we dont have joint bank accounts, or any joint assets and liabilities. but we share every little thing that we have. we are living together for 15 years and have 4kids. i have affidavit of cohabitation and barangay certificate stating that we are living together as husband and wife. i have proof of remittances from him for almost 4 years in total on his previous overseas job. we have pictures together. i just need some advice from you guys before i will lodge my application. do u think i have greater chance for approval? thank you so much for your help.

How long ago did he leave from living with you? INZ look most closely at evidence for the 12 months leading up to the application.

Hi JandM. Thank you for your quick response.
    My partner was working overseas for 3 years and went home after contract is done last 2015. He then applied for NZ and got the job last 2016. So he was with us from 2015 up until he left us to work in NZ last Nov 2016. But prior his overseas jobs we were together since 2001. I hope this answers your question. Can you please guide me on what to do? I really dont know on how to start after if filled up INZ 1017. Thank you so much!

Hi there! I hope someone can help me with my concern. Thanks in advance 😊

You will need to give an account of your whole relationship, and then the best evidence you can for this most recent time that he was living at home with you before going to NZ. See old threads for discussion and examples of partnership evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

INZ are very careful about partnership-based visas, because, since they don't need evidence of qualifications or experience, they are the ones most targeted by fraudsters trying to get people to lie to get them a visa. YOU know you are honest people, but they don't know any applicants at all, so they look for anything that might be a flaw in the 'story', for instance when someone went and worked somewhere away from his wife, might this mean that the relationship broke down. But it makes the picture stronger if you can show that yes, you lived together solidly, then he went abroad and worked, still keeping in touch and working with you on finances, etc., then he was back again (lots of proof here) before leaving this last time for NZ, and yet again keeping contact.

Thank you so much for this JandM, i will read the link thoroughly. and I am confident now that we can prove INZ that we are living and loving together genuinely. What i will be preparing this time are those concrete evidences. i will be updating you soon about the results. thank you so much! 😉

Any update from your side janne? Please share

My husband has been in New Zealand for a about a month now on a visitor visa base on our partnership....we are living together here and we ve also lived together for about a month in his country when I visited him....we have evidences of our relationship for the past 4years we've been together and also evidences of our wedding in his country...my question is: What other visa is he qualified for or do we have to wait for a year for him to qualify for the partnership visa.

You don't need to wait a year. 12 months' evidence of partnership is required for partner-sponsored Residence, but you can apply for a partner-sponsored visitor's visa when you have 2 - 3 months evidence of living together. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...lders#criteria See here for old threads with discussion of partnership proof, and examples. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

we havent make any move yet, and we are looking for an adviser who can assist us with our requirements. I hope someone here can suggest me of a licensed immigration adviser preferably in Auckland. and hopefully with low professional fees. Thank you