Thread: Previously successful partnership residence

Default Previously successful partnership residence

Hi folks
    I have been following this form for years.☺
    This morning i came across something on immigration nz website.
    Your partner won’t be eligible to support your visa, or a later residence application, if they have:

supported a successful residence application for more than one previous partner
    supported a successful residence application for a previous partner in the last 4 years
    included a previous partner in a successful residence application in the last 4 years
    have been included as a partner in a successful residence application in the last 4 years.

So my question is if i had my residence approved through partnership! Can i sponser my new gf for visa after 4 years or is it 5 years a bit confused there? Because on temporary visitor visa application form it says 5 years?
    Last edited by Jazz77; 31st May 2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: New information

I don't know where you found what you found, but it's five years, as it says here on the website. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...lders#criteria
    Your partner won’t be eligible to support your visa, or a later residence application, if they have:

supported a successful residence application for more than one previous partner
    supported a successful residence application for a previous partner in the last 5 years
    included a previous partner in a successful residence application in the last 5 years
    have been included as a partner in a successful residence application in the last 5 years

Thanks for your reply jadm.
    That's where i find this information!!
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ND&applying=co
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz77 View Post
    Thanks for your reply jadm.
    That's where i find this information!!
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ND&applying=co
    Thanks
    For temporary entry you will be eligible to sponsor your partner after 4 years has lapsed since you successfully sponsored your previous partner's residency because you have to show that you are eligible to aponsor your partner after 1 year of getting that temporary visa entry.
    You will then be eligible to sponsor your partner's residency after 5 years had lapsed.
    Please check current Immigration Instructions re partnership based temporary entry requirements.
    Cheers

Jazz77, that is for a culturally arranged marriage visa - is that what you are hoping to apply for?

Requirements can be different for different kinds of visa, and for that particular sort, it is true what gcapd said.

Yes jandm
    That's the visa I'm hoping to apply for and thank you for your reply gcapd..!

Hi guys
    Definitely agree on that i can sponser my new partner for temporary entry after 4 years has lapsed as it says on immigration website but when i fill the application form it says has 5years been passed since you previously supported a successful application.
    What should i answer to that ?
    Many thanks

Tell the truth, and explain in a covering letter.

Thank you jandm
    Much appreciated