Thread: tooth hurts after getting the filling done already one month over

Default tooth hurts after getting the filling done already one month over

Hi everyone, last month i just got a very deep cavity removed and filled from my bottom tooth. when the numbness went away my tooth was hurting but not too bad i took some nurofen and went to sleep. The pain started going away but it always used to hurt when i was putting full pressure on my tooth to chew food. then almost for 2 weeks i did not feel any pain even when i was putting full pressure on the tooth while eating food but 2 days before it started hurting badly now even if i touch my tooth with the top tooth it hurts and if i put pressure on it i feel like dying with the pain. Does any one experience anything like this before if so please share your experience and make your suggestion. Any good medicine for tooth infection ?
    when i went to dentist to get that cavity treated he did not gave me any medicine he just did xray drilling and filling is it right ?

i dnt have money to visit the dentist again and again and dnt have any dental insurance.
    please also suggest a good dental insurance company in NZ.

i will really appreciate your response.

Seriously, please, DON'T try to ignore this, not even for a day or two, even if it costs money to have it fixed. If you're having pain there again, it's likely the infection has gone inwards, and this CAN, if not treated, lead to blood poisoning and/or erosion of the jaw-bone. Then it wouldn't just be painful, but life-threatening. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

You probably need a dental exam, some antibiotics. maybe you have an abscess under there. The longer you leave it the worse it will become, and the more it will cost you. Hope you feel better, tooth ache sucks.

I would advise ringing your dentist straight away, he is the one you did the job.

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses, i visited my dentist as the pain was unwearable. My dentist examined the tooth and he said its dead and badly infected as there was a big abscess under it. He drained the pus out and put the antiseptic dressing in it. he gave me two options one root canal witch will cost $1500 or tooth extraction $ 240 and if i want new tooth in place that will cost $ 7000. So i told him i need some time to collect money and i will go for root canal, filling and crown and he said the treatment i have given you today will last for 2 to 3 months.
    so now i have no pain in my tooth at all and can eat properly and also have time to save some money and get it fixed permanently.
    Last edited by NZN; 3rd June 2017 at 02:12 PM.

So glad you are getting the right help.

Quote Originally Posted by NZN View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for your responses, i visited my dentist as the pain was unwearable. My dentist examined the tooth and he said its dead and badly infected as there was a big abscess under it. He drained the pus out and put the antiseptic dressing in it. he gave me two options one root canal witch will cost $1500 or tooth extraction $ 240 and if i want new tooth in place that will cost $ 7000. So i told him i need some time to collect money and i will go for root canal, filling and crown and he said the treatment i have given you today will last for 2 to 3 months.
    so now i have no pain in my tooth at all and can eat properly and also have time to save some money and get it fixed permanently.

Glad you are feeling better.

I have had several root canals. You will be better afterwards. Glad you're getting it sorted.