Thread: ITA June 2017

Default ITA June 2017

Hi all. Just received my ITA on June 1st and thought I'd create a thread for me and others who are on this timeline.

My first question is about the work experience documentation. My ITA letter explicitly stated that I needed to supply a reference letter for each EOI claimed work experience that stated start date, finish date, title and average hours/week. The company I worked for from 2000-2014 was sold in 2015, and I'm having a really difficult time finding out who can/will supply this information in a document. I emailed my CO about this and am awaiting a reply...has anyone else dealt with this? I offered that I could likely get letters from previous supervisors, but I'm doubtful an HR organization still exists to provide something like this. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdnz View Post
    Hi all. Just received my ITA on June 1st and thought I'd create a thread for me and others who are on this timeline.

My first question is about the work experience documentation. My ITA letter explicitly stated that I needed to supply a reference letter for each EOI claimed work experience that stated start date, finish date, title and average hours/week. The company I worked for from 2000-2014 was sold in 2015, and I'm having a really difficult time finding out who can/will supply this information in a document. I emailed my CO about this and am awaiting a reply...has anyone else dealt with this? I offered that I could likely get letters from previous supervisors, but I'm doubtful an HR organization still exists to provide something like this. Thank you!
    So, my old company uses a service provided to provide verifications, but they won't mail anything. They said INZ would have to log in to their system, register, and request the verification, employees cannot receive the verification...good luck with that.

Has anyone else struggled with the employment verification?

Hi there, I am also having a tough time with my previous employer verification. How did you resolve your situation?

I provided letters of reference from my supervisors during the period. I had 3 over a 14 year stretch

And did INZ not go back to the past employers for verification, like they do in case of current NZ employers?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdnz View Post
    I provided letters of reference from my supervisors during the period. I had 3 over a 14 year stretch
    Thanks for the reply jmdnz. One of my previous employers is a very sluggish organisation and I am worried if they will even bother replying to INZ in time, hence the anxiety ridden questions.

I’m not if they contacted anyone, but I’m pretty sure they do have n some cases.