Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer Visa)

Default Talent (Accredited Employer Visa)

Hi People,

Good Morning.

I had some questions regarding talent visa that is generally given if your employer is an Accredited employer.

However when i was looking at the requirements , it states that the employer needs to fill a talent form?

And that talent form is actually stating the talents such as Sports,Arts and Culture.

So does that means , for an example if you are being offered a job offer of more than 55K NZD in a telecom sector from an Accredited Employer you can't apply for that visa as you do not belong to either of those talent groups(Arts,Culture or Sports )?

Can some one please enlighten me on the question that will be really helpful?

If your exployer XYZ is a telecom company who is an accredited employer and if they offer you a full time role with wages more than 55K however in ICT sector (i.e not in Arts,Culture and Sports) can you still apply for that visa?

If yes than what specifically they need?

Thanking you,
    A

I wonder, are you looking at a multi-purpose form, and then at a part not meant for your sort of visa? What is the number on it? - e.g. INZ105.

Hi JandM,

Maybe anzi91 is pertaining to WR1.30.d of INZ Operational Manual which states:

d. include, (if the offer of employment has a minimum base salary of less than NZ$55,000 per annum), evidence that the applicant has exceptional talent in a declared field of art, sport or culture (see the Note to WR1.10);

There are different kinds of Work to Residence visa - this one https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...residence-visa and this one. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...residence-visa

So does that means , for an example if you are being offered a job offer of more than 55K NZD in a telecom sector from an Accredited Employer you can't apply for that visa as you do not belong to either of those talent groups(Arts,Culture or Sports )?
    And no, it doesn't mean that.

The first kind of visa is the one you need to be applying for, and here is the description of it. WR1.10. https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/>Temporary Entry class visa>Work visas>WR Work to residence instructions>WR1 Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions>WR1.10 Requirements for offers of employment. This includes the mention that the job offer must be for "a position with a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum." So if your job offer meets this requirement, you don't fall under the section that John316 has quoted. (That is here. https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/>Work visas>WR Work to residence instructions>WR1 Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions>WR1.30 Making an application under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions)

And what is the number of the application form you are looking at?

Can essential skilks visa can be switched to talent accredited work visa once the emoloyer process their application? Or can essential skills work visa automatically switch to permanent residency visa under talent?

If you're on an essential skills visa and your employer then gets accredited, this would not change your visa. You would have to make a separate application if you wanted to get onto a Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa. And no, an essential skills visa does not have a direct pathway to Residence. However, if you're on an essential skills visa with a skilled job and you meet the requirements with the right number of points, you can apply for Residence under SMC.

As long as you have been offered a salary of 55K or higher by an accredited employer, you don't need to provide evidence of exceptional talent.

JandM, as Talent Visa (accredited employer) is visa application based on employment, INZ 1015 requires evidence of qualifications and experience relevant to my job offer. In that case, if my qualification do not match or if i don't have experience in the field that the employer gave me, i cannot apply under this visa? My colleagues with the same job title as mine has Masteral or Doctorate/PHD degree with years of experience, i dont have any (zero experience and no qualification) but they gave me salary more than 55K. Will CO be doing background check and ask employers directly if they have questions to my application?

No, it doesn't require them. It has a space for them to be filled in if you have any. An accredited employer is trusted by INZ to assess if an applicant can do the skilled work he has on offer. See here on the fact sheet https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, the Criteria tab has nothing at all about qualifications.

In theory, INZ can ask anybody about anything, including, 'What makes you sure that Mr John136 is suitable?', but it's not common when the rules don't require it, and presumably, your employer knows about something that has given him confidence in you, and so could answer if asked. (Such a 'something' for another poster that I remember was that their father worked in that job and he always went with him during holidays while he was a boy, so he picked it all up without employment or training.)

Much appreciated for the response guys.

That was really helpful