Thread: Transferring funds from U.K. to Nz

Default Transferring funds from U.K. to Nz

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good method of transferring money from a UK bank account to a NZ bank account please? The bank offers a poor exchange rate!!

Thanks

Hi!

I asked a similar question over on another forum recently. Many suggested Transferwise or Currencyfair (apparently this one has no fees).

Others were recommending HIFX or the like. Most operate internationally so there are no restrictions on which country you're from.

What kind of rates are the banks offering? I know some people who regularly transfer to an ANZ bank account in NZ simply using their SWIFT/BIC codes.

Hope this helps!

Hi,
    Have considered TORFX, this was recommended by friend's friend whom transferred $$$ from UK to Aust. Amongst other services, they can help to arrange opening a local account with the banks there. I understand they also could secure special luggage allowance for certain airlines on the basis that you are relocating. They would quote to you on the final sum so you can work out the actual rates including the fees.

Personally I have no tried, we are checking other options for transfer from Spore to NZ (next 3-6mths). You may look up their website for details.