Thread: Interim Visa - How soon should I have to leave NZ after the lodged application gets declined?

Default Interim Visa - How soon should I have to leave NZ after the lodged application gets declined?

Hello guys,

Hope you are having a great long weekend.

I had a question about an interim visa. Hope it can be answered.

I have applied for a visitor visa on the 18th of May and I am currently on WHV expiring in 7 days.

and from what I have researched, INZ might issue an interim visa.

My question is, if my visitor visa application gets declined when I am on the interim visa, how soon should I have to leave NZ? Does it have to be a following day? If so, my passport is in the Immigration system. Should I just go to the immigration branch where I have submitted my documents and request for getting back my passport?

I am hoping that I can get the visitor visa, but I also need to prepare for the worst case scenario so..

Thank you for your time and any possible answers and have a great rest of the weekend.

No, it would not be as soon as the following day. INZ are quite reasonable when people are trying to abide by the law. You would be notified of the outcome of the application and your passport would be returned as part of that process, then you would be expected to make arrangements as soon as you could.