Thread: Packing checked luggage to Nz- vacuuml bags

Default Packing checked luggage to Nz- vacuuml bags

Hi,
    I'm going to new Zealand in couple o days and I try to prepare the suitcase. Am I am allowed to pack some clothes into this vacuum storage bags? any tips on packing? Can I end up on immigration trying open them and me unable to fit back ecerything back into the suitcase? Cheers!

Sorry to be unhelpful, but yes, you're allowed to pack your things in anything you want, BUT there is no guarantee that customs won't open anything - they have the right.

I tried using vacuum storage bags for my clothes that I was packing for a flight to NZ. I realized that since I could pack more clothes by vacuuming out the air my suitcase weighed too much and ended up not using the vacuum bags. Unfortunately, you really have to watch the weight of your bags!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui2too View Post
    I tried using vacuum storage bags for my clothes that I was packing for a flight to NZ. I realized that since I could pack more clothes by vacuuming out the air my suitcase weighed too much and ended up not using the vacuum bags. Unfortunately, you really have to watch the weight of your bags!
    Oo good point! Tempting to really cram things...