Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extension of Working Visa under partnership

Default Extension of Working Visa under partnership

I got my 1st working visa under partnership on January 10,2017 it will expire on January 10,2018.I am just waiting for a 1 year of living together before applying for resident.. So i need to apply another work visa under partnership so i Can extend my current visa because its valid for 1 year only. My question is.. If i applied for another work visa on august, what date will be the the extend work visa expire?

[QUOTE=snatch_zeus;562233]I got my 1st working visa under partnership on January 10,2017 it will expire on January 10,2018.I am just waiting for a 1 year of living together before applying for resident.. So i need to apply another work visa under partnership so i Can extend my current visa because its valid for 1 year only. My question is.. If i applied for another work visa on august, what date will be the the extend work visa expire?[/QUOTE

Why are you applying in August? I'm afraid INZ will return your application and tell you it's too early to apply a new one. This happened to my dad before under essential skills they returned his application saying it's too early. Your visa will still expire on January 2018. Why not wait 45 days before expiry of your current visa then apply for a new partnership work visa. Afterwards, if you have already 1 year living together apply for residency.
    There is no need to rush your residency wait until such time you are eligible.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by snatch_zeus View Post
    I got my 1st working visa under partnership on January 10,2017 it will expire on January 10,2018.I am just waiting for a 1 year of living together before applying for resident.. So i need to apply another work visa under partnership so i Can extend my current visa because its valid for 1 year only. My question is.. If i applied for another work visa on august, what date will be the the extend work visa expire?
    Hi

This is merely based on my personal experience. I'm on work visa under partnership that will expire on 25 July 2017. I applied for another work visa based on partnership again on 19 April 2017 thinking that the processing time will take 2 to 3 months but I got luckily approved within 4 working days. Lodged in Christchurh branch.

All the best

[QUOTE=gcapd;562244]
    Quote Originally Posted by snatch_zeus View Post
    I got my 1st working visa under partnership on January 10,2017 it will expire on January 10,2018.I am just waiting for a 1 year of living together before applying for resident.. So i need to apply another work visa under partnership so i Can extend my current visa because its valid for 1 year only. My question is.. If i applied for another work visa on august, what date will be the the extend work visa expire?[/QUOTE

Why are you applying in August? I'm afraid INZ will return your application and tell you it's too early to apply a new one. This happened to my dad before under essential skills they returned his application saying it's too early. Your visa will still expire on January 2018. Why not wait 45 days before expiry of your current visa then apply for a new partnership work visa. Afterwards, if you have already 1 year living together apply for residency.
    There is no need to rush your residency wait until such time you are eligible.
    Cheers!
    The reason i want to apply early is to have my passport and evidences back before november 2017 because i am going to apply for a resident visa under partnership. I'm just worried of the delay approval.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm View Post
    Hi

This is merely based on my personal experience. I'm on work visa under partnership that will expire on 25 July 2017. I applied for another work visa based on partnership again on 19 April 2017 thinking that the processing time will take 2 to 3 months but I got luckily approved within 4 working days. Lodged in Christchurh branch.

All the best
    Thanks for the info and congrats

[QUOTE=snatch_zeus;562289]
    Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post

The reason i want to apply early is to have my passport and evidences back before november 2017 because i am going to apply for a resident visa under partnership. I'm just worried of the delay approval.
    I see you've got valid reason but you won't be able to appply for residency until Jan.10,2018 only after you have fulfilled the 1 year full living together proof.
    Try what the other poster's experience as you may get lucky.
    This is not an immigration advise but base on others' experiences.
    Good luck.

I see you've got valid reason but you won't be able to appply for residency until Jan.10,2018 only after you have fulfilled the 1 year full living together proof.
    But he was granted the visa on January 10th. For that to happen, he had to have proof of living together for some time before that. Presumably, his evidence started from the previous November. He can re-use that evidence as part of proving the year of partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    But he was granted the visa on January 10th. For that to happen, he had to have proof of living together for some time before that. Presumably, his evidence started from the previous November. He can re-use that evidence as part of proving the year of partnership.
    I got your point JandM.
    Best luck on him then.

Hi J and M,

I have a similar situation- I have applied for my wife's Residence Application based on partnership and her current work visa is expiring in April 2018 (for which we have applied extension).

Question is- Is she able to work on her interim visa? (Tried checking on INZ website but is not clearly mentioned there).

Many thanks,
    Jagdev

As she's already got a partner-sponsored work visa, and she's applying for another partner-sponsored work visa (it's another visa - they don't extend the same one), then she will be able to work on the interim visa. When you're going for another visa the same as you're already on, that's when the interim visa gives you the same permissions as you already have. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions See, it's Work (open) > Work (open - same kind of visa) = Work (open).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast