Thread: Partner of Essentials Skills Visa Holder

Default Partner of Essentials Skills Visa Holder

Hi All,

I eventually made the trip to NZ and am currently busy with settling the family into life in NZ, we are in Bay of Plenty area. Have a question which I hope somebody might be able to clarify for me

So I am here on a partner visa of my husbands temporary essential skills visa (12 Month). I am hoping to secure a job which will enable me to change this visa to a SMC visa as my skills and job are on the Long term skills shortage list. My question is, once I secure a job offer is it just as simple as applying for the SMC visa and does the employer have to provide anything to support my application?

Look forward to your feedback

Thanks all.

once I secure a job offer is it just as simple as applying for the SMC visa and does the employer have to provide anything to support my application?
    Yes, it's just as "simple" as that, which isn't really very simple! When you put in your EOI, you give details about yourself, your qualifications, your work experience, your employment, and your partnership. The ITA is sent back - a print-out of the EOI with your answers on it - and you then have to supply evidence for every single thing you have claimed points for. On this fact sheet, https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, I've called up the Criteria tab, and then Show all evidence, and you will see listed examples of what you have to find and send in.

And yes, the employer will need to support you by supplying details of your job. See SM7.10 and SM7.15 here. https://onlineservices.immigration.g...nual/30545.htm There are requirements on the employer and the company, as well as on you, the employee.

Thanks for the info JandM plenty of researching to be done 😊