Thread: Pregnant looking for Jobs

Default Pregnant looking for Jobs

Hi everyone.

I need an advice

Does New Zealand employer won't accept job application or consider pregnant woman. I am 15 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for job. I've submitted application yet doubtful that if they find out I'm pregnant, it will affect my application. I need to work to prepare for the baby coming and also, I want to have a job to go back after I give birth. I'm glad no issues with my pregnancy though.

Pls advice. I want to be honest as well when I apply for job cos integrity is really important when you work.

All the best,

https://www.hrc.co.nz/files/8214/237...nt-worker.html IN THEORY, being pregnant shouldn't make a difference, and a pregnant woman who already has a job would have grounds for complaint if she was treated worse than before. But IN PRACTICE, a lot of employers would, I think, avoid taking on a pregnant woman as a new employee, which is understandable, because, for themself and for their workforce, this would mean getting used to the new worker and getting her settled in to their ways, then after only a few months, because of the birth, having to find a substitute.