Thread: Visitor Visa Problems

Default Visitor Visa Problems

1. I applied for a visitor visa from working holiday visa and I got a letter saying they don't see me as a bona fide applicant and asked for me to submit supporting evidence. Since they haven't decided yet, should I withdraw my application now so that my name wont be black marked when I apply for a visitor or partnership work visa next time with my proper documents? Or submit more supporting evidence and wait? There is a possibility that my application can declined if I don't submit.

2. If I decide to withdraw my application, my issued interim visa will be also cancelled immediately and will I be staying illegally until I get my passport back from immigration? my current working holiday visa expires tomorrow. Or submit supporting evidence and if it gets declined, leave the country on a legal interim visa as immigration will give me enough time to process my documents, passport back for me to leave country?

3. If my visitor visa gets declined this time, will it affect on my next visa application (whether visitor or partnership work visa)? Even if I prepare proper documents next time?

I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in advance

What aspects of your case have they said they need evidence for? And can you supply such evidence?

1. Probably INZ won't treat you as a Bonafide visitor because you were granted a WHV and they are not satisfied about your "genuine intent" to visit. Please see https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide

I think withdrawing your application would prejudice your "genuine intent" for which you have applied under. Just be honest with them and nothing will hurt and so that you will not be in trouble with your future visa applications.

2. No. you will not be considered staying illegally right away if your application is declined so long as you notify INZ of a reasonable time you decide to voluntarily exit NZ as soon as possible.

When you submit to INZ supporting documents as a response to PPI (Potentially Prejudicial Information) and they are not satisfied their decline decision letter will be enclosed with your passport and other documents sent to you by post. Please see Interim Visa
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

3. I don't think so. So long as you did not provide false and misleading information to INZ.

NOTE: This is not a legal immigration advice.

Hear from the LIAs in the forum ChrisWmn and Karen Philillips.