Thread: shipping company from Germany to NZ - any recommandations?

Default shipping company from Germany to NZ - any recommandations?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for reliable shipping companies operating on route Germany - New Zealand (i'm interested in taking 20ft container). Has anyone got any tips/experience?

I've had already contact with Relocately - if anyone has some experience with them I'll also appreciate any information about that company!

Thank you!
    Last edited by hrv; 12th June 2017 at 01:24 PM.

I have recently dealt with a company that is situated in Mainz, but seems to operate further afield, too: IMS International Moving Service GmbH

We have moved to New Zealand more than 12 years ago and the company we originally packed our container had referred me.., this time it will be only a byload, but so far everything has worked perfectly. I was approached, someone turned up, was very pleasant to deal with, the quote came in quickly (and was quite a bit cheaper than the one I had received from another company), packing went well and they are still keeping in touch until the load has arrived. The container will go to Christchurch, the local company they deal with is World Moving and Storage (www.worldmoving.co.nz), will be unpacked and then my share is going to be transported by truck to our house.

So far- couldn't have gone any smoother...

Cheers
    Renate

Thank you for the tip Renate!
    I'm just checking their website and will contact them to get estimation of costs in my case. If you would like, I can mention that you recommended me them, maybe they would give you some price discount

if anyone else has some experience with any other companies, either positive or negative, I'll be very thankful for the message!

Quote Originally Posted by hrv View Post
    Thank you for the tip Renate!
    I'm just checking their website and will contact them to get estimation of costs in my case. If you would like, I can mention that you recommended me them, maybe they would give you some price discount

if anyone else has some experience with any other companies, either positive or negative, I'll be very thankful for the message!
    Haha, you can mention my name, but I've paid already! Good luck with everything, I hope it all works out well.